`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Last Spending Spree of 2014 .. Booklet cases

My Last Spending Spree of 2014 .. Booklet cases
I bought a few last boxes (see them on the other box break forum) and while at it, picked up some booklet cases ... $8 and shipped free with the order, so a bargain from blowout, if you ask me.
Anyway picked up 4 (2 x 185mm and 2 x 187mm) of them, but need one more thicker one. My five star Ethier/Kemp doesn't fit in these. Is there a 190mm or larger out there?
[Image: null_zpse9cd9462.jpg]
[Image: null_zps780b984f.jpg]
[Image: null_zps32a40dad.jpg]
[Image: null_zps6cbfe778.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My Last Spending Spree of 2014 .. Booklet cases
The Marlins one made me laugh, as I hadn't seen the "Fish Sticks" booklet before.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Nice stuff! I like the fish sticks too. LoMo is now a mariner i think.

I'm looking for one that holds a thicker booklet as well. If you find any, would you let me know? I have several books that need one. Also need a case that will hold the tri-fold booklets.

Mitch beautiful stuff man. Wish I could help you out with the booklet cases but you dropped all the knowledge on me when I was just trying to purchase regular one touch cases.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(01-06-2015, 12:12 PM)djohn Wrote: The Marlins one made me laugh, as I hadn't seen the "Fish Sticks" booklet before.
That's what made me buy it! Sometimes Triple Threads has a great sense of humor.
My favorite is Evan Longoria "Not Eva" HA!
[Image: b68173fc460d2de3b6fb4f0d082c23e0_zpsdab94d1b.jpg]
(01-06-2015, 12:32 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Nice stuff! I like the fish sticks too. LoMo is now a mariner i think.
Thanks! Yeah, I think he's in Seattle, too.
(01-06-2015, 12:47 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I'm looking for one that holds a thicker booklet as well. If you find any, would you let me know? I have several books that need one. Also need a case that will hold the tri-fold booklets.
You'll be the first to know. The 187mm is just about 3-4mm too shallow for the Five Star booklet that I have. The 185mm was too short for my Beckham/Coghlan card ... The 187mm seemed a little tight, but the card just made it, w/o damage (I hope) ... But I don't think I can ever remove it.
Never saw a trifold case .... Yet.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice. I do have to pick a few booklet cases for some of my cards.

(01-06-2015, 06:53 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That's what made me buy it! Sometimes Triple Threads has a great sense of humor.
My favorite is Evan Longoria "Not Eva" HA!
[Image: b68173fc460d2de3b6fb4f0d082c23e0_zpsdab94d1b.jpg]

Thanks! Yeah, I think he's in Seattle, too.

You'll be the first to know. The 187mm is just about 3-4mm too shallow for the Five Star booklet that I have. The 185mm was too short for my Beckham/Coghlan card ... The 187mm seemed a little tight, but the card just made it, w/o damage (I hope) ... But I don't think I can ever remove it.
Never saw a trifold case .... Yet.
You'd think when card companies manufacture these cards they would put a little thought into it or start producing a line of card protection fitted for their cards.

(01-06-2015, 12:58 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Mitch beautiful stuff man. Wish I could help you out with the booklet cases but you dropped all the knowledge on me when I was just trying to purchase regular one touch cases.
Thanks, Richard!
No problem, that's how I learned about all the other cases, by process of elimination. I'll just keep buying different sizes until I get it right. Then when someone else is ready, I can share the knowledge. Blowout only offered the 2 sizes. I'll start checking other resources and companies.
(01-06-2015, 07:55 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: You'd think when card companies manufacture these cards they would put a little thought into it or start producing a line of card protection fitted for their cards.
That's what I liked about the 2012 Tribute cards. They came encased and I didn't have to find different cases to fit. Dynasty has the right idea, pseudo-Tribute. Smile but they're using a magnet case vs. a 'snap' case
I'll keep my eyes open for anything that fits that kinda card. Can you post a pic of it again, I'm not remembering how its situated.

Remember Those GQ (or was it A&G?!) booklets that had the little "pop up" near the top ... That will be impossible to find something for those. I picked up some screwdown cases ($0.73 per case) and some that are made for A&G mini cards.
The One Touch are nice & easy to use, but the screwdown cases are so much cheaper, it's worth the extra 17 seconds to unscrew one screw to save 50% ... I'm starting to sound like a commercial. Smile

Very nice!

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature