Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This card looks grade able

This card looks grade able
What do you think?
[Image: 3D6A3144-21E3-4EA6-8230-6BD795B9C8DF_zpsfcvvillu.jpg]

RE: This card looks grade able
Slightly off center, but from first glances it's gradable.

I am getting my next BGS submission ready. I have about twenty cards too decide on. This is one of the cards I was thinking about sending in. I know my 1985 Topps Mark McGwire is going in. Still deciding on the others.

Is that the glossy?

No it's the regular card.
I think I'll send this one in.
[Image: 58963CA2-3F93-4D1D-AD5A-FE452BA28676_zpsmncfi92x.jpg]

For the Gwynn card, the top left and bottom right corners might hurt the corners grade a little, but if you are ok with that, everything else looks good based on the scan. Good luck on the submission!

With the Larkin it's probably cheaper to just buy an already graded copy rather than pay to send it in
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I think the Gwynn would grade around 8 with the corners and the bottom edge being a bit rough. The Larkin looks like a 9, might get lucky with an additional .5. Like iconms said, might be cheaper just buying one already graded.

(01-05-2015, 12:32 PM)mnc99 Wrote: I think the Gwynn would grade around 8 with the corners and the bottom edge being a bit rough. The Larkin looks like a 9, might get lucky with an additional .5. Like iconms said, might be cheaper just buying one already graded.
No way your getting an 8 without the card looking flawless to the naked eye to begin with. Then comes the grading companies magnifiers. If all else is perfect with that card your looking at a 6.

Center on the Barry will kill you on it...don't send it in unless some one gave you it for a Christmas present in the 80's and you wanting to save it for the future. Edges on the Tony will murder it...I wouldn't send either unless once again it was a present.