`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
2015 Survey on the Hobby

2015 Survey on the Hobby
1)How many products per manufacture is too much?

2)How many autos should be in a product?

3)How many autos of a player is too much in a product?

4)Would you prefer rookie cards without the "event worn" patch?

5)Do you believe in all rookie or all veteran products?

6)Would you buy a product without an auto if it was a limited product?

7)Do you believe rare player memorabilia should continue to be placed in relic cards or saved as whole pieces?

8)How many parallels of a card is too much?

9)How important is it to have an action photo compared to a cutout player photo?

10)How much faith do you have in how authentic the memorabilia is in a card?

RE: 2015 Survey on the Hobby
1)How many products per manufacture is too much?
--- No limit as long as its properly done. like one set per price range, etc.

--- No exact number maybe based more on a percentage, but i think it shouldn't be saturated and i think it's more the level of autographs than the number. I dont want 1,000 players that are unknown, but i also dont want an auto of every star player in a pack. kinda takes the fun away of chasing an auto. (let alone the value), Although, to confuse this answer and make it even more a mess, If i'm paying 100 dollars a pack, i better get something good as far as an autograph.

--- See above answer.

--- Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a RC collector so i shouldn't even comment on this one but i like feeling included in things.

--- I don't care honestly. It's not something i collect, although i like a good mix.

--- yes i would. Just because it's not an auto, doesn't mean it is worthless. However, the thing i dont like about limited product is like when manufactures have the exact same card...i mean EXACT...not even a color change or something and the only difference is /10 /100 /1000 . I mean, c'mon. At least change the color of the name or something. give me something!

7)Do you believe rare player memorabilia should continue to be placed in relic cards or saved as whole pieces?
--- I can see both sides of the argument here. Me personally i'd never have a chance to collect anything major unless it was in a card format, so i like that aspect but i can see the point of not cutting up sticks, not slicing up rare jerseys to keep it in tact so somebody can own it or be placed for display.

--- It depends on the collector i guess. I like the 09-10 champs, the prizm series and such because its fun to collect them and i know not a ton of people are going to finish the sets, but at least with those they changed up the background. I think if every set did a ton of parallels though, i'd start getting annoyed. but as of now, as long as its a limited number of sets, i dont care on the number. although trying to get 30 cards of a player who plays 1 game in the NHL is nuts and drives me crazy.... man, i'm all over the map today. Not bad, 1st person taking the survey and your results are already skewed.

9)How important is it to have an action photo compared to a cutout player photo?
--- I dont think it's important of the photo as long as they're different. I hate when card manufactures use the same photo over and over and over again. Change it up per set.

--- I have all the faith in the world that the card manufactures are telling us the truth. I think lawyers have forced their hand...They state right on the back that this is an event used jersey (which could mean ANY event, including an event where they put it on for a photoshoot for the local gas station card) or if its a game used jersey (including the game in which a player put it on in the locker room and than put on the real jersey) i think the memorabilia market is getting watered down. I wish they'd put which game the jersey came from and i wish they'd stick to actual NHL Game worn jerseys. I wish they weren't so legally vague on the back.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: 2015 Survey on the Hobby
I agree Brandon! LOL You kill me though. Good answers.

(01-01-2015, 12:00 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: 1)How many products per manufacture is too much?
--- No limit as long as its properly done. like one set per price range, etc.

--- No exact number maybe based more on a percentage, but i think it shouldn't be saturated and i think it's more the level of autographs than the number. I dont want 1,000 players that are unknown, but i also dont want an auto of every star player in a pack. kinda takes the fun away of chasing an auto. (let alone the value), Although, to confuse this answer and make it even more a mess, If i'm paying 100 dollars a pack, i better get something good as far as an autograph.

--- See above answer.

--- Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a RC collector so i shouldn't even comment on this one but i like feeling included in things.

--- I don't care honestly. It's not something i collect, although i like a good mix.

--- yes i would. Just because it's not an auto, doesn't mean it is worthless. However, the thing i dont like about limited product is like when manufactures have the exact same card...i mean EXACT...not even a color change or something and the only difference is /10 /100 /1000 . I mean, c'mon. At least change the color of the name or something. give me something!

--- I can see both sides of the argument here. Me personally i'd never have a chance to collect anything major unless it was in a card format, so i like that aspect but i can see the point of not cutting up sticks, not slicing up rare jerseys to keep it in tact so somebody can own it or be placed for display.

--- It depends on the collector i guess. I like the 09-10 champs, the prizm series and such because its fun to collect them and i know not a ton of people are going to finish the sets, but at least with those they changed up the background. I think if every set did a ton of parallels though, i'd start getting annoyed. but as of now, as long as its a limited number of sets, i dont care on the number. although trying to get 30 cards of a player who plays 1 game in the NHL is nuts and drives me crazy.... man, i'm all over the map today. Not bad, 1st person taking the survey and your results are already skewed.

--- I dont think it's important of the photo as long as they're different. I hate when card manufactures use the same photo over and over and over again. Change it up per set.

--- I have all the faith in the world that the card manufactures are telling us the truth. I think lawyers have forced their hand...They state right on the back that this is an event used jersey (which could mean ANY event, including an event where they put it on for a photoshoot for the local gas station card) or if its a game used jersey (including the game in which a player put it on in the locker room and than put on the real jersey) i think the memorabilia market is getting watered down. I wish they'd put which game the jersey came from and i wish they'd stick to actual NHL Game worn jerseys. I wish they weren't so legally vague on the back.
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants