`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaky? Is that you?

Streaky? Is that you?
My New Years Eve Day was spent running around, trying to exchange an Xmas gift. My wife and kids bought a factory set of Topps with the special Babe Ruth card. Unfortunately, it was the only one left and it was the Red Sox uni card. Found a target that not only had one of the 4 Yankee uniforms, but also had some bargain blasters. Picked up a 2013 Elite Extra Edition, 2013 Topps UPD, 2013 Heritage, 2013 Archives and a repack box with assorted cards.
Think I did pretty good
I was VERY happy to get this card ... I had a few others (Ted Williams and Cal R Jr ) before and was hoping for a Trout Gallery of Heroes card.
[Image: null_zps0d4cb637.jpg]
Leake /99, McClure /100, Goldschmidt camo/99, Heritage Hosmer, Wright, Harper & Target red Cueto. Puig commemorative manu patch, Aiken relic, 2014 Travis D'anuard auto ... All FT except Camo Goldschmidt D.aunard, & McClure
[Image: null_zps8f2303fb.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Streaky? Is that you?
Dang son!
You kill the Blasters
Come pick mine out please

That gallery of Heros card is awesome!!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(01-01-2015, 09:37 AM)yankees_pride Wrote: Dang son!
You kill the Blasters
Come pick mine out please
Thanks, but That's what I love about the discounted blasters ... There's usually only one box on the shelf of any particular product and it doesn't allow me to pick the wrong one, if its the only one Smile
(01-01-2015, 10:31 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: That gallery of Heros card is awesome!!
Thanks! I like them, too ... Especially with the light from behind.
Value-wise, it certainly helps that it's Trout Smile

My biggest surprise wad the BV of the Heritage Harper. Did that recently have a huge surge? I don't remember it booking THAT high for the regular (440A) SP of that card.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice pulls, Doc! No one pulls autos out of retail like you do! The Harper Heritage SP has had the same high BV for at least a year. Not quite sure why but, since we don't need that one for our set, we aren't complaining!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I'm jealous. Not only that Streaky has obviously left me again, but that you can still find baseball anywhere. All I've found for weeks are the $9.99 hanger boxes of Update.
Kepler

(01-01-2015, 02:10 PM)aprirr Wrote: Nice pulls, Doc! No one pulls autos out of retail like you do! The Harper Heritage SP has had the same high BV for at least a year. Not quite sure why but, since we don't need that one for our set, we aren't complaining!
Thanks! I have to go through your heritage list and see what I have.
Those Harper Heritage cards are amazing. I guess I didn't look them up for a while.
(01-01-2015, 05:45 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm jealous. Not only that Streaky has obviously left me again, but that you can still find baseball anywhere. All I've found for weeks are the $9.99 hanger boxes of Update.
I have a few last holiday hobby boxes due to arrive tomorrow. Once I'm through, I'm taking a little winter break and sending Streaky away until Opening Day. He's all yours, Jared.
I've seen plenty of the $15 Topps / Topps Chrome update boxes, but they've left me flat and the TCU collation is horrible. If I find some dscynt blasters, I'll send'em up with The Streakster Smile