`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This is ugly: thorpe, fakes & collusion and indifference: everyone including beckett

RE: This is ugly: thorpe, fakes & collusion and indifference: everyone including beckett
(12-31-2014, 08:47 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: There are thousands of Ruth authenticated sigs. They've really always been around in major (and some smaller) auction houses. I think they seem so in you face is because Topps uses his cut as advertising for every mid to high end product. It's just smart advertising. I'm sure there's thousands of people who buy one high end box for the chance to pull that cut alone. I read an article in Beckett a year or two ago of a girlfriend who decided to start collecting to share something in common with her boyfriend. They ordered a couple of I believe Topps series 1 or 2 online. These would be her first boxes ever opened. She took one and her boyfriend took one. She ended pulling the topps cut to the chase babe ruth cut auto. In her first box. How many people do you think, that had never bought a whole box before, went out and bought themselves a box of the next release?
Did a little more research... I guess there were quite a few Ruth autos "authenticated" as genuine that were not.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=31477
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: This is ugly: thorpe, fakes & collusion and indifference: everyone including beckett
I liked it when, I believe it was panini, would have a picture of the actual game used bat, glove or jersey on the back of the card. That made it a little more personal than just saying "not from any specific game, event or year"
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

(01-01-2015, 06:59 AM)sshissler Wrote: Did a little more research... I guess there were quite a few Ruth autos "authenticated" as genuine that were not.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=31477
That's the case with every auto ever produced.

If we keep buying crap...they will keep making it and selling it to us.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2