`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picked up my first Mantle

RE: Picked up my first Mantle
Nice pickups. You can't go wrong with vintage and specially a Mantle card.

That was the first Mantle card I ever got too. I got mine at the age of 12 back in 1971 and I put it in my typewriter and typed RETIRED right across the front of it. Sad I've long since upgraded it but wonder where that first one ever ended up.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(12-28-2014, 09:43 AM)uc7bearcat Wrote: If you want to send me an offer that would be fine. I'm not to good with cards with no BV. I know it sold on eBay for $225.00 but the last 3 other than that one sold for an average of $150.00.
Alright man. Will do. Im flexible on deals like this so pick out something(s) you really like and we'll go from there.

(12-28-2014, 11:01 AM)zeprock Wrote: That was the first Mantle card I ever got too. I got mine at the age of 12 back in 1971 and I put it in my typewriter and typed RETIRED right across the front of it. Sad I've long since upgraded it but wonder where that first one ever ended up.
Thanks, this actually made me laugh out loud (lol).

Wouldn't you love to find this one? This is one reason I have some beat up vintage cards, I can imagine the stories and hands that have touched them over the year.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

I still have my first Hank Aaron rc. I've gone through a few graded, but there's something about raw vintage that I love. The funny part is the guy I bought it from has been after me to buy it back. It was his first Aaron rc that he got when he was 10 out of a pack. It's only seen 2 owners.