`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey Kelly Finest Jumbo

Casey Kelly Finest Jumbo
Here's an update with my newest addition to my Finest Auto Jumbo patch /25 bringing me up to 7 of the 25
[Image: null_zpsa05fd1b8.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Casey Kelly Finest Jumbo
Just curious... How do you go about coming up with so many? Are you using trades on here, Beckett, SportsLot (which I just heard about), eBay, or what ever other venues are you being successful with this collection on?

Mitch that's an amazing collection good luck on your chase I'll keep my eyes pealed to try to help you out buddy.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

That is an outstanding accomplishment, Doc! Congrats!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(12-28-2014, 08:00 AM)aprirr Wrote: That is an outstanding accomplishment, Doc! Congrats!
Thanks, Aaron! I've got a better accomplishment (IMO) ready to post soon.

(12-28-2014, 05:07 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: Mitch that's an amazing collection good luck on your chase I'll keep my eyes pealed to try to help you out buddy.
Thanks, Richard ... An extra pair of eyes helps tremendously.

(12-28-2014, 03:55 AM)StedmanRecon Wrote: Just curious... How do you go about coming up with so many? Are you using trades on here, Beckett, SportsLot (which I just heard about), eBay, or what ever other venues are you being successful with this collection on?
Mostly eBay and a little help from my friends. Having buddies (like mentioned above) alerting you to a sale is very helpful. I never really intended to buy THAT many of the same card. It happened as a result of attempting the rainbow.
Here's my rainbow so far ....
[Image: null_zps546a5624.jpg]
Missing the 1/1 superfractor, 3 other 1/1 plates and the /5 Atomic.
There's a /5 up in the Bay right now ... But the guy wants $150. I offered $35 ... I guess I insulted him, but explained $35 for a player that has pitched 5 innings of MLB and has been the last 2 seasons on the DL with TJ surgery isn't a bad deal. $150 I thought was a little too much. I can live without it. Likewise, there's another /25 for a BIN of $50 on eBay right now. I can live without it. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice stuff doc. I love seeing large lots of a single card. There's something to be said for owning 28% of an entire print run.

(12-28-2014, 09:01 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Nice stuff doc. I love seeing large lots of a single card. There's something to be said for owning 28% of an entire print run.
Thanks!
Yeah, it's like being the majority stockholder of a corporation. Smile

Someone here posted a huge single card collection ... Like 35 of /50 or /99 ... It was massive and impressive ... And it was a key player ... Pujols, perhaps? I can't remember ... Sorry.

It's also easier demanding/setting a price if you ever go to move them. Having control of a majority or a really nice chunk puts you in the drivers seat (within reason). Which reminds me... where are the rest of the 2011 triple threads 1/1 auto relics of Mike Stanton? Anyone?

Nice progress, Doc. Noticed there's another of the /25 on COMC right now. $40, but could always make an offer on it Big Grin
Kepler