`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What is this set worth?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
above 10K
0%
0 0%
at least 10K
0%
0 0%
below 5K
27.27%
3 27.27%
break up set and sell individually
72.73%
8 72.73%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Worth of this set? Keep Set or Break up?

Worth of this set? Keep Set or Break up?
I posted this a couple years ago, but didn't have pictures. Now I have pics of the set. What would this set be worth currently or in the future? It's a redemption set from 2005 Ultimate Collection Signatures Collection #3/5 (Yes, every card is numbered 3/5!) "71 autos"

I have four more scans to post, but this thread will only let me insert 5.

The highlights of this set is Aaron Rogers, Steven Jackson, Alex Smith, Roddy White, Ronnie Brown, Anquan Boldin, Reggie Wayne, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Carson Palmeretc...

Others are Lee Evans, Cadillac Williams, Julius Jones, Michael Vick, Larry Johnson, etc...

Some legends are in there as well like Staubach, Theisman, Blanca, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, Dan Marino, etc...

Low lights (if that's a word) is Maurice Clarett

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Worth of this set? Keep Set or Break up?
I would say to sell individually.

I also think that after the expenses of selling, you would be under 5k.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Very nice set, but I agree with Jeremy, hard sell on a set of 71 different autos. But at /5, you should get a few bucks here and there. I'd say under 5k too

Worth More now...worth less as each year passes by. Most of the "others" you listed have already lost most of there value. The older stars and HOF will hold their value, but that's it.

Remeber cash can buy food, gas and pay rent...cards not so much.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

The A Rod is the only one with gain potential. You've missed the boat on half the sets peak value. 5 years ago, Ronnie Brown would have got $200... now you might get $20...

I would keep it together myself and enjoy it, but if you want to maximize your return, break it up.

I'll take the Marino as my commission for the solid advice. I'll send you my /25 version in place of it. LOLOLOLOL
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Note: jimmysmith82 gave the best advice 2 years ago. If little_italian (huge seller with large following) had little success with them, think what a small time seller would have (accused shilling, nonpayment, nonreciept, etc).

Unlike "vintage cards" where age does matter, modern day cards are mainly what have you done for me lately and because of that 2005 becomes too old to care about or need.

Another note: cards will always be CARDBOARD, it's not gold; hence, value will alway be what is cardboard worth to the recycler! I've always read about collections being lost to floods, tornados, fires and thief. Just this past month, I experienced that 1st hand, as there was a water leak on the 3rd floor which got into my storage locker on the 1st floor. Nothing major was lost, but it could have been SO much worse.

Keep us posted on what you do...good luck
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]