`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary Sheffield question

RE: Gary Sheffield question
Schott was forced out due to being a bigot, among other things. MLB isn't going to expel an owner for any sort of knowledge of ped's. They loved the ratings. Besides, while the owners "knew" like the rest of us, how much did they really know? Nothing first hand. The GM's and managers weren't coming to them complaining and if they were, were probably told never to bring it up again. The MLB liked steroids, they just wont admit it. And you have to remember, the commissioner works for the owners.

(12-26-2014, 09:06 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Schott was forced out due to being a bigot, among other things. MLB isn't going to expel an owner for any sort of knowledge of ped's. They loved the ratings. Besides, while the owners "knew" like the rest of us, how much did they really know? Nothing first hand. The GM's and managers weren't coming to them complaining and if they were, were probably told never to bring it up again. The MLB liked steroids, they just wont admit it. And you have to remember, the commissioner works for the owners.
Now with that and everything else being said, do you believe Bud Selig should be withheld from the HOF? He will get in IMO but if we are holding players back why not him too? He knowingly allowed it to happen then crucified players who used then.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

If MLB would have stopped the McGwire and Sosa HR race. They would have lost both ratings from tv and money. Fans would have stopped coming to the park. They didn't want that. So if it profits them they will slow it.

(12-26-2014, 09:29 PM)Odyssey Wrote: Now with that and everything else being said, do you believe Bud Selig should be withheld from the HOF? He will get in IMO but if we are holding players back why not him too? He knowingly allowed it to happen then crucified players who used then.
I feel he knew everything that was going on and did all he could to hide, distract or run interference. That being said, no one has really gone out of their way to dissect exactly what his involvement was. I would really like to see that.

(12-26-2014, 10:08 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I feel he knew everything that was going on and did all he could to hide, distract or run interference. That being said, no one has really gone out of their way to dissect exactly what his involvement was. I would really like to see that.
I really think that is an interesting point... I never thought about that...

(12-26-2014, 10:08 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I feel he knew everything that was going on and did all he could to hide, distract or run interference. That being said, no one has really gone out of their way to dissect exactly what his involvement was. I would really like to see that.
Exactly the point I was getting at. If the Hall writers are doing their best to keep the players out why should he be the exception? Also when Congress another others were digging into what players were taking what I don't feel like MLB execs were held accountable enough and Selig has contradicted himself on when he first heard about steroid use.

Theres a big story of scandals in there for some journalist to uncover.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones