Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1957 Unitas Rookie Card Value

1957 Unitas Rookie Card Value
Hello All-
New to Beckett. Recently acquired a 1957 Topps Johnny Unitas rookie card. Sent it off to get graded and to my surprise it came back at an 8 NM-MT! Just curious what anybody thinks the value might be? Thanks in advance.

RE: 1957 Unitas Rookie Card Value
(12-23-2014, 01:17 AM)Johnnyunitas Wrote: Hello All-
New to Beckett. Recently acquired a 1957 Topps Johnny Unitas rookie card. Sent it off to get graded and to my surprise it came back at an 8 NM-MT! Just curious what anybody thinks the value might be? Thanks in advance.
Hey welcome to the boards. We aren't allowed to discuss book pricing but if you wanted to get a general idea you could check out completed listings on ebay to get an idea.

Congrats on having it graded in 8, that's an excellent result on a card that's nearly 60 years old.

(12-23-2014, 02:31 AM)jplarson Wrote: Hey welcome to the boards. We aren't allowed to discuss book pricing but if you wanted to get a general idea you could check out completed listings on ebay to get an idea.
Easily said, but there are no sold auctions on eBay recently for a BGS 8 Unitas rookie. In fact there are no active ones either. There are some PSA 8 ones, but they all have qualifiers (miscut, off-center, etc). Considering that it is a BGS 8, I would estimate the value between $1,000 and $2,000 depending on where/how you sell it. For insurance purposes I would go on the high side of that estimate. Congrats on a great card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

SMR is free, currently at 2200+ and rising... to find that and get an 8 now is unreal... fine job.
Here's the link
http://www.psacard.com/SMRPriceGuide/Set...RSetID=664
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --