`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CASE 2014 BOWMAN CHROME FROM DAY OF RELEASE

CASE 2014 BOWMAN CHROME FROM DAY OF RELEASE
sorry guys this is old i have been spending the little time i have on another board. this is my post on another forum and its just a heads up. please trust me no matter how cheap this goes, stay away from it!!!!

I picked up my chrome case last evening at my lcs and it was beyond brutal. i received 22 autos, not 24 and 18 were base and 4 refractors /500. not one color auto, my lowest numbered card was a jason kipnis gold refractor /50, there was 3 gold refs in the case. the best card in the whole case was a buster posey green refractor /75. i dropped almost 800 bucks on this and have a realistic value of maybe $150 resale and $250 book value. ive been in this hobby for over 30 years now and im just in disbelief right now. i have bought a case of chrome or draft every year since 2004 and never had a break like this. just a heads up fellas, maybe jumbo is the way to go cause this really sucked for me.

Ill list the autos later, im waiting on topps from september to decide if they want the whole case back or not. the autos i pulled if i bought on ebay one at a time would cost me maybe $140 with shipping and that is going by higher prices. COMPLETE JUNK!!!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

RE: CASE 2014 BOWMAN CHROME FROM DAY OF RELEASE
Brutal! Sorry to hear about this kind of break.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

Been there. Bought some cases after seeing great stuff over the years ...only to be disappointed.

My Theory. Topps Dynasty, and Topps Supreme, and Topps Tribute, and Topps Stadium Club, and Topps Triple Thread, and eventually your Top Name signers get spread thinner and thinner throughout the higher priced products and less desirable signers get more and more distribution in the lesser expensive products.
Just a theory.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-22-2014, 07:42 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Been there. Bought some cases after seeing great stuff over the years ...only to be disappointed.

My Theory. Topps Dynasty, and Topps Supreme, and Topps Tribute, and Topps Stadium Club, and Topps Triple Thread, and eventually your Top Name signers get spread thinner and thinner throughout the higher priced products and less desirable signers get more and more distribution in the lesser expensive products.
Just a theory.
i dunno man, ive been taken behind the woodshed on tribute and this years stadium club. no numbered inserts and 2 common, $1 autos. i get what your saying though getting the tops guys in higher end but the problem is there is too much high end now. i actually got a griffey jr auto for 67 dollars last yr...that is friggin unreal man, who would of thought they would ever go that low. whats even funnier is 2013 topps update walmart blasters have been the best bang for my buck. i have had some massive hits, and i picked up another ten on dacardworld black friday for $4.95 each. the manufactured relics sell for that and good ones go for close to 20 bucks. to me that is the best value, and you have puig rookies

(12-22-2014, 05:12 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: Brutal! Sorry to hear about this kind of break.
thanks man, im just hoping topps comes thru, all i want is my case hit, i really dont care about being shorted. i know this wasnt searched cause it was a sealed case i picked up from lcs and i was there when ups guy delivered it.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.

Hey, sorry to hear about your case. Im not into prospects what so ever but bought a case of jumbo this year hoping to get a monster. I obviously did not. I took a beating. Anyway, I see your a David Wright super collector. I acquired a collection last month and I got a Topps Sterling 6x or 8x relic booklet #'d /10. Any interest in trading for some of your auto's?

(12-22-2014, 09:41 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Hey, sorry to hear about your case. Im not into prospects what so ever but bought a case of jumbo this year hoping to get a monster. I obviously did not. I took a beating. Anyway, I see your a David Wright super collector. I acquired a collection last month and I got a Topps Sterling 6x or 8x relic booklet #'d /10. Any interest in trading for some of your auto's?
i dont trade draft autos at all. i cant trade these since they all may be going back to topps. ive been to busy to call the cs manager back since i can only call during the day while i am also at work and i dont have 75 minutes to hold. i was hoping to get thru on friday. honestly man there is not one auto in the entire set that is in the same ballbark as that wright card, remember i got no color!

No problem. I figured I'd throw it out there. I'm not a Wright collector, so I figured worst case scenario I would sit on the auto's for a few years and hopefully 1 or 2 would have materialized. Btw, I also have a 2012 triple threads white whale auto relic 1/1 with a sweet patch.

So I guess Topps Chrome baseball was as bad as chrome football. What the hell is Topps doing this year. Love that they say every year at the Convention the they are focusing on customer satisfaction!!!!!! Hope someone in this year's convention shouts out BULLSHIT when they say in again. Topps is just overproducing the cheapest junk they can put out to maximize their profit at the expense of collector loyalty.

(12-23-2014, 07:25 PM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: So I guess Topps Chrome baseball was as bad as chrome football. What the hell is Topps doing this year. Love that they say every year at the Convention the they are focusing on customer satisfaction!!!!!! Hope someone in this year's convention shouts out BULLSHIT when they say in again. Topps is just overproducing the cheapest junk they can put out to maximize their profit at the expense of collector loyalty.
i wasnt thrilled about them putting 2 autos per box in chrome, the wax ripper in me was excited for more autos but deep down i knew they would water the product down with crap. i really lost my rear end on this case, i paid $250 over what they are selling at now. i should of known better