`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My first graded cards

My first graded cards
As some of you may know, I pulled a Lacy Camo Ref Auto from a box of 2013 Topps Chrome about 6 weeks ago. I decided to get it graded and sell it and use the money to buy a nice Le'Veon Bell card or two. Once I saw all the extra fees that go along with sending a card in to be graded (return postage, insurance, etc.) and realized that those fees don't really increase if you send several more cards at the same time, you only pay the grading fee, I decided to send in 4 more with it. Never had a card graded before so I was a bit nervous. Here are the results.

First are a couple of vintage. A 1961 Topps Bill Mazeroski SP and a 1971 Topps Terry Bradshaw Rookie. I was happy with both grades.

[Image: gv1_zps05f450c0.jpg]

Next is a 2004 Fleer Inscribed Black Border Gold #7/199 Roethlisberger RC and a 2004 Fleer Authentix Roethlisberger RC with the Bill Cowher auto. I was bummed the auto only got an 8 but after looking at it more closely I realized that it didn't fit completely into the opening. I can see their point, but think an 8 was a bit harsh.

[Image: g2_zpsa0cea8a1.jpg]

And lastly, the reason I decided to get anything graded in the first place, the Lacy. After sending these off, I honestly forgot what it looked like. From a grading standpoint that is. I thought, what if it only grades a 8 or something?

Never had a doubt, LOL.........................

[Image: lacy_zps78c1c71e.jpg]

The only BGS 10 there is. I couldn't be happier. I posted it for sale last night on "another site". Hopefully it goes well and I can get those Bells that I'm after. If Topps would just put a Steeler auto in my box in the first place, I wouldn't have to go through all of this!! lol

Thanks for looking!!
Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins

RE: My first graded cards
Uhhhh..HOLY COW!! Dude, that is amazing...seriously! Sorry about your Cower grade, but HOLY COW!! What a great return.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

The poor grade on that Cower must have been nixed by the grade on that Lacy! Sheesh! Congrats on the HUGE grading!!!

Randi

Dang!! Only .5 off from that new Black Label!! Sweet stuff! Congrats!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Congratulations dude!!! You are going to make some Lacy collector super happy with that Smile. Also love the Mazeroski, 1961 Topps is my favorite baseball set by far.

WOW! Awesome on the Lacy! Wishing I had some money to throw around right now :p Nice grades all around!

Personally, the Bradshaw is probably the best grade based on condition sensitivity... perhaps the worst modern set of all time? A 6 is very respectable.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Daaaang. Nice grade on the Lacy! And the Big Bens too.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Thanks for all the positive remarks folks. I have already started trying to decide which cards will be next to go. Will probably up it to 10 cards this time and go with a longer turn around as well to help keep the cost down as much as possible.
Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins

Would you consider trading the Lacy. I have some nice Bell and Landry Jones cards not listed on here available
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)