`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Topps Dynasty

RE: 2014 Topps Dynasty
Dynasty pricing is out. Seems the pricing is much higher than what some people thought, using ebay as a reference. Most cards did really well. Some obviously werent going to get you to the break even point, but most boxes for other products dont either. That being said, I'd rather take a $50-$100 loss on a few boxes of the highest end cards ever produced than buy low end boxes of stuff I cant move. I happened to do ok and pull a bunch of 1/1's, and have already traded a few of my lesser cards for some gems.

Pricing is actually about what I thought it would be. Rarely if ever has pricing in Beckett matched eBay sales. In almost all cases Beckett pricing is considerably higher than eBay. That being said Beckett's magazine pricing is a range (high and low value) while the online pricing shows the high book value. Most of the low values for Dynasty cards are going to be close to eBay sale prices.
I am not a big advocate of using eBay as the only pricing tool, however it is usually a pretty good place to get trends in pricing. If you look at completed sales since the release of Dynasty the sales price for Dynasty cards and boxes has been dropping. I still think they are very nice looking cards, and I have hopes that they will creep back up in value. However right now the trend is still moving downwards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I agree that ebay can be a good reference or starting point, but it drives me out of my mind when when sellers or traders contact me in regards to this or any other product and give me the last 5-10 sales from ebay thinking its the correct market evaluation. Its still a secondary (and volatile) market. What is the argument with something like this? On ebay, most of Joe Mauer's dynasty sold for around $150, with the most expensive one selling at $224 (if I remember correctly). Becketts listing has it at $250. These listings are brand new with entirely current data accumulated, with ebay's listings taken into consideration. Im still going to get offers on this stuff with guys quoting ebay pricing, despite it being the minority of sales. If you were to ask anyone on here who has bought this product if they would trade or sell their cards at ebay pricing, particularly now that becketts is out, I'm guessing every single person would say no. If I were a betting man I would say you probably couldn't trade it off them for book price.