Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Resubmission Thoughts?

Resubmission Thoughts?
Thoughts on my resubmitting of this:

2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors Reggie Bush/ 1 of 1
[Image: 7ql6bm66.JPG]

The corners look nowhere near an 8.5, IMO.
Wanted to hear what everyone thought?
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

RE: Resubmission Thoughts?
Seeing that you are a Reggie Bush supercollector and the card is a 1/1, i'm assuming you have no desire to sell the card. That being said does it being graded a 9 make that much of a difference? I personally have a thing for the gold bars meaning I like the 9.5's, but in this case I would make an exception due to it being the only one there is. Ultimately the decision is yours and if you feel it should be graded higher then you should resumbit after all I assume it's going to be a major part of your PC for a very long time.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

You'd have to come up a half grade on Edges, Surface, and Corners to have a shot at a 9.5 over all (3x 9.5 and 1x 9.0) or come up a full grade on corners and .5 on one of the other two. If it were me I'd keep the money or use it to sub something else. Either way, the card is mint and sweet!

I agree with with what y'all were saying as well but I'm just curious to know if its worth it... lol
There's something about that 9.5 Gold!

I only see something "wrong" with one corner & its the first pic..

[Image: IMG_0674_zps570a66e6.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0677_zps35c97308.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0676_zps7eda36ce.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0675_zps6f201656.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0681_zps67951f2a.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0680_zpsf4661f1f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0679_zpsdda47038.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0678_zps1b6ff5e9.jpg]
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

As much as having that 9.5 would be nice...I'd say don't mess with it if it isn't broken...worst case is something bad happens to the card...I'd be kicking myself over and over lol.

From my perspective, given that it's a 1/1 and already got a decent grade, I wouldn't pay much difference between a 9 and 9.5. If it had been an 8 or less maybe I try to bargain for a better price and maybe if it got a 10 I could see someone paying a premium. But with a 1/1 card, if it falls within 8.5-9.5, it's all the same price to me.

I'm with you Pudge. Sometimes I don't get what the graders are seeing. I wish that Beckett would include a report of what they see that causes a decrease in grade. Something like that may add 3-4 seconds to the grading process, at the most, but would add a ton of peace of mind for "we" the consumer. And hey...if they stand being their work, doing something like this shouldn't be a problem.

Concerning the card, how do the corners look from the side? Is there something that simply looking at the surface of the card might not reveal, for instance, is the paper spreading apart or soft?
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet