Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Non US collector meeting point
Wink 
The Non US collector meeting point
I wanted to post this thread for a while to share our experience of overseas collector.

I'm fully aware that the hobby business for baseball is located inside the US, but I cannot believe that I'm the only "foreigner" of this forum.

Living in France, baseball is a niche sport and trading card is inexistant. We got our moment with basketball during the 90's where we could find stores selling cards, but now it's over.

So basicelly the aim of this thread is to share oversea experiences, tips and groups all the "foreign" beckett members.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

RE: The Non US collector meeting point
(12-16-2014, 06:59 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: How expensive is it to mail a bubble envelope to France? It can't be so cost prohibitive to totally disregard trade possibilities? If you're trading 1 or 2 inexpensive cards, sure it wouldn't be worth the postage, but if you're trading $30-40 worth of cards and it costs $10 to ship, that's not too bad, right?
I posted the above message on a different thread, but thought it was somewhat apropos here, too.
Perhaps you can trade with some of our oversea military who might be stationed in Europe? Not sure how postage rates from France to other European countries compare with oversea rates to The States?

Good Luck ... It must be frustrating being a 'rare' collector in France .... And we take trading with other collectors totally for granted here in the USA.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Postage doesn't matter to me bud. If you got the cards, I'm more than willing to trade. Bigger trades obviously make more sense, but they don't have to be huge. The way I look at it, if I'm getting a card I really want, the postage is cheaper than trying to bust a bunch of boxes and more than likely not find it.

(12-16-2014, 05:56 AM)jeantoto Wrote: I wanted to post this thread for a while to share our experience of overseas collector.

I'm fully aware that the hobby business for baseball is located inside the US, but I cannot believe that I'm the only "foreigner" of this forum.

Living in France, baseball is a niche sport and trading card is inexistant. We got our moment with basketball during the 90's where we could find stores selling cards, but now it's over.

So basicelly the aim of this thread is to share oversea experiences, tips and groups all the "foreign" beckett members.
Youre not the only one, I live in Venezuela. This is a baseball country so there are many collectors and 2 monthly card shows which I try to attend from time to time. Not many of the dealers have what I collect so sometimes i get bored of going.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

You can set-up a mailbox with COMC and have cards shipped there and then when you are ready for delivery the shipping costs are much lower. It is definitely the best way to buy cards on eBay and have them shipped overseas. Not sure if it works with trades, but it would be really nice if it did.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks for all your answers.

@DrMitchJ: you're right, we might make deals or even organize some group buys or meeting. That's exactly why I wanted to create this thread. If you're on duty in Europe, you're welcome

@HofCollector: You have to consider that my box shopping are in the 50's buck range so the trade for high end cards are quite limited due to rarity. When I shop for cheap retail, it always costs me more in shipping than in the box itself.

@alfredoleal2001: At least you've got a fan base. I might be surprised seeing other french collectors here but I'm afraid of being quite lonely.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

In the past 12 years I have traded with people in Australia, China, England, France, Japan, Scotland and Sweden as well as the Bahamas, Canada, Puerto Rico and all 50 of the United States. I don't care where you live. If you want to trade, I'll trade with you.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Thanks Zeprock for your comment.

I'm glad to see that members are not closed to overseas deals.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

Hey man, if you decide to set yourself up an org, I'll trade with you even if it's low end. Good to see the red sox represented over on France.

(12-16-2014, 11:21 AM)djohn Wrote: You can set-up a mailbox with COMC and have cards shipped there and then when you are ready for delivery the shipping costs are much lower. It is definitely the best way to buy cards on eBay and have them shipped overseas. Not sure if it works with trades, but it would be really nice if it did.
Great advice djohn.....I never knew or even thought this.

jean...like HOFC stated, I'm not adverse to trading low end stuff and shipping over seas either.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.