`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMC mailbox delivery!!

COMC mailbox delivery!!
Already received this a while ago, but didn't have the time to post it.

As an international collector it's kind of hard getting stuff from eBay as most is located in US and buyers there either have high shipping costs, or simply won't ship outside US. We've been through that issue in previous threads so I won't complain, lol.
COMC Mailboxes have been a great solution to this situation and over the course of five, six months I happily bought stuff for my PCs. It coincided with their inventory update and corresponding contests that gave you credit so it didn't turn out too expensive for me. Once I got to over 50 cards I decided to have it shipped over to me. It arrived fairly quickly (did the Express shipping) and incurred no custom costs so that was awesome. Here's the stuff I got:

Luke Harangody (plays for my local team), Victor Claver, Vitor Faverani, Lucas Nogueira, Ricky Rubio
[Image: 20141114_212531-1.jpg]

Vitor Faverani, Lucas Nogueira, Nando De Colo, Victor Claver, Dwight Buycks (a bummer, he was cut from my team's roster before I could get this signed)
[Image: 20141114_212848-1.jpg]

Serge Zwikker, Vitor Faverani, Geert Hammink (Japanese version), Audie Norris
[Image: 20141114_213100-1.jpg]

My current Immaculate Victor Claver collection
[Image: 20141114_214039.jpg]

My Crusade Faverani collection
[Image: 20141114_230218-1.jpg]

Preferred Faverani (and just picked up the Gold /10 of both too)
[Image: 20141114_225943-1-1.jpg]

RE: COMC mailbox delivery!!
Awesome! I've been meaning to start using the COMC mailbox function. I hope you don't mind if I send you a quick PM with a couple of questions.

Are you trying to get every single Victor Claver card? I remember when he was about 16 or 17 years old and was in a dunk contest in Europe.

It is great to see that COMC has a function that works well for International buyers to get cards off eBay. It sounds like it's worth mentioning to international buyers on eBay, since the eBay international shipping costs so much that people tend to stay away from it for lower cost cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-14-2014, 12:02 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: Are you trying to get every single Victor Claver card? I remember when he was about 16 or 17 years old and was in a dunk contest in Europe.
Not trying to get every card necessarily but definitely the autos and each Immaculate I can get with a different looking patch. Yeah he was a bright star a few years back, but unfortunately has not seen much playing time in Portland. Very likely tomorrow (December 15th) his name will appear in either a trade or waivers context.

(12-14-2014, 12:17 PM)djohn Wrote: It is great to see that COMC has a function that works well for International buyers to get cards off eBay. It sounds like it's worth mentioning to international buyers on eBay, since the eBay international shipping costs so much that people tend to stay away from it for lower cost cards.
It's been working perfectly for me and I would strongly recommend it to all international buyers. I think it's a great compromise in giving international buyers full access to the card market while giving the US sellers the 'security' of domestic shipping. eBay's international shipping has been a slap in the face for collectors worldwide. I can get FedEx, UPS or DHL to deliver a card for less than eBay costs AND have a secure tracking and prompt delivery. (To Spain eBay charges US$28 for a single card..)

For just that reason (the international issues on eBay) I shipped off a load of cards to COMC. I signed up for the eBay global sales program in hopes of getting some of my cards to sell overseas, but their costs are prohibitive and scare away all buyers. COMC might help, though when I sell there I can't tell where the buyer is. But eBay still offers a wider audience and far higher sales ratio, at least for me.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

Nice Immaculates Folk!!!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(12-14-2014, 07:16 PM)mgoehring Wrote: For just that reason (the international issues on eBay) I shipped off a load of cards to COMC. I signed up for the eBay global sales program in hopes of getting some of my cards to sell overseas, but their costs are prohibitive and scare away all buyers. COMC might help, though when I sell there I can't tell where the buyer is. But eBay still offers a wider audience and far higher sales ratio, at least for me.
What is really nice about COMC is that they allow international buyers to buy cards off eBay and have them shipped to COMC in the US. COMC then scans the cards and the buyer can either have COMC ship the single card or hold it in their port to ship later when they have more cards to ship (making the shipping cost more worthwhile).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-15-2014, 09:26 AM)djohn Wrote: What is really nice about COMC is that they allow international buyers to buy cards off eBay and have them shipped to COMC in the US. COMC then scans the cards and the buyer can either have COMC ship the single card or hold it in their port to ship later when they have more cards to ship (making the shipping cost more worthwhile).
That makes sense to me now... in the last few weeks I've sold 5-6 cards that were shipped to COMC. I was wondering what the story was on that. That's a really great deal they offer.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

Wow insane stuff
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(12-14-2014, 12:02 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: Are you trying to get every single Victor Claver card? I remember when he was about 16 or 17 years old and was in a dunk contest in Europe.
Here's most of my Claver collection - clearly missing lots of singles but there's some fun stuff in there, including five IP&TTM signed customs cards and two IP signed regular cards

[Image: claver.jpg]