`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is this?? After market?? Buy back??

What is this?? After market?? Buy back??
Got this card through a trade as an extra...looks after market to me..the 01/01 is a sticker, but embedded into the card..not just stuck on..

Any thoughts?? Back is like the normal card, no marking to ID it as different year or anything..2004 Donruss #98

Thanks..

[Image: colondonruss_zps2250abf3.jpg]
It is for Trade for a SF Giant I need...

RE: What is this?? After market?? Buy back??
This looks like an aftermarket sticker. Donruss had Stat Line and Press Proof parallels, but none numbered 1/1, and they all said Stat Line or Press Proof on them and were all serial numbered on the back.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-11-2014, 05:32 PM)djohn Wrote: This looks like an aftermarket sticker. Donruss had Stat Line and Press Proof parallels, but none numbered 1/1, and they all said Stat Line or Press Proof on them and were all serial numbered on the back.
Thought so too..but it in just a sticker, it is carved into the card..inlayed almost...not just a slap on sticker...

Did they have buy backs or is this one of the warehouse finds at auction when the company folded?? Bought by Upper deck/now Panini??

I wonder

Just a thought, but the way it says 01/01 instead of 1/1 would seem to me as an after market stamp, not a sticker. Tough to tell in 2d without actually being able to "feel" the card.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Yes..strange 01/01 and a stamp that impressed the card seems to be the deal...

the 01/01 is impressed into the card..

Any Colon collectors what this oddball card??