`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tigers trade for Simon and Cespedes

Tigers trade for Simon and Cespedes
Pretty good moves overall I think, think they paid too much for Cespedes though. Thoughts Tigers fans?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/103808976/...k-porcello
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Tigers trade for Simon and Cespedes
I hate losing Porcello since he was really finally starting to turn into a good steady pitcher. Gaining cespedes though gives us a heck of a lineup. Simon I don't know much about so I'll have to wait and see on him. Hopefully he can put up around 12 wins or more. I think our big weak spot in the rotation is going to be Greene.

I like both moves, helps our line up with a power bat so now miggy in 3 spot, cespedes 4, vmart 5 and jd 6. Sick part of a lineup...also simon isn't too much of a downgrade from porcello ERA was only 0.01 points higher last season. But Greene I disagree will be weak spot I see him having a break out year next year with a sub 3 ERA
Top wants
peyton manning auto
Babe ruth relic
calvin jon son auto
HOF relics
david price auto
mike trout rookie
buster posey auto
clayton kershaw auto
Ben roethlisberger auto

I do like the Cespedes trade. I think it makes the Tigers a better "team" overall. I like Porcello but we needed to make this move.

However, I do not like the Simon deal at all. I think we gave up too much for him and he's 33 with really only 2 years of experience as a starter, and his numbers fell off DRAMATICALLY in the second half of last season.

They won't move V-mart from the 4 spot. Most likely is: 3. Cabrera 4. V-Mart 5. J.D. 6. Cespedes 7. Castellanos. That gives J.D. some protection and also strengthens the bottom of the order with Castellanos at 7.