`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Odd question - card finding services

Odd question - card finding services
Are there any services out there that you can (reliably) have help you look for cards? As you all know, I've got several cards I want to get to complete some rainbows, and some of them (like the 2014 Prizm parallels I need) are fairly common (supposedly) and I can't find any. I was wondering if anyone knew of people who go to card shows regularly and shops that would take a small fee to look for certain cards? Kind of an odd question, I know, but considering I have had 0 luck having people reply to me about some of these cards even though they're apparently only worth a few bucks makes me wonder if people are just sitting on his stuff or just toss it...

RE: Odd question - card finding services
I can't believe they'd toss it! Send me a list! Beyond the chasers I already know of Smile You could try box breaks...Not sure if card stores would card hunt for you or not.

Pretty much what you see in my sig image, and including 2009 Topps Black /55 of Nelson. So:

2009 Topps Black /55
2011 Topps Gold /2011 (can't believe I've not seen this one!)
2011 Packers team base (can't get myself to purchase this one LOL)
2011 Packers team Red /77 (already have the Gold and Black)
2012 Finest Pulsar /10
2012 Magic mini relic /25
2013 Prizm Brilliance /10
2014 Prizm Blue (not the numbered team blue which I have, but the base unnumbered blue)
2014 Prizm Camo
2014 Prizm Tie Dyed /25
2014 Prizm Gold /10
2014 Prizm Hands Team Gold /10 (missed out on the only one that's shown on eBay)
2014 Chrome Gold /50 (was outbid at 28 bucks while the red /25 are going for 20!)

And, trying to avoid getting back into box breaks LOL Went WAY overboard last year and spent a lot of money on them. Considering how quickly I've gotten what I have, and how lucky I've been with getting some of the non-1/1 rainbows that I have, I can't be too unhappy. Just would love to get these knocked out! This may be my collecting for here on out for the most part: trying to get Jordy Nelson Topps, Chrome and Prizm rainbows every year (of course, until Topps loses the license and I'm relegated to Prizm). Maybe I should go back and try to get the 2008 Chrome and Topps rainbows as well and then if I can get all of them say I've got every Topps and Chrome rainbow that Jordy ever had! That would be cool!

(12-11-2014, 11:18 AM)bojesphob Wrote: 2011 Topps Gold /2011 (can't believe I've not seen this one!)
I am pretty sure I have that card, however it would probably take either a lot of luck or a long time to find it. I never took the time to separate out the lower level inserts of parallels from 2011 Topps football cards and list them, but I definitely remember pulling a Jordy Nelson gold. Since then I have moved and most of my cards got put away hastily without proper organization and are not easily accessible at the moment. If I stumble upon it I will definitely try to remember to pull it for you.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Lol, I'll keep those all on my radar. I've been trying to do the same, having the Topps, Topps Chrome for his Rookie year, and then Chrome (unless he doesn't have one that year) and Prizm. I've started a ton of rainbows, but have yet to finish any of them lol. His 2008 cards are almost impossible to find for those 2 rainbows. I've had searches up for 8mos and have yet to find many.

I know alot of sellers I have bought from on Ebay have shipped me a letter or card that says they take want lists. You might look into dealers or Ebay sellers. I think a professional card finder would be a dream job for me if I could make a living off of it. I could travel around the country hitting card shops/flea markets/card shows/estate sales hunting cards down for my clients. Smile