`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wtb: Big 3 sweet spot autographs, have them?

wtb: Big 3 sweet spot autographs, have them?
Morning, hoping someone can help me with at least one of these.
Looking to buy a Mantle, Dimaggio, or ted williams sweet spot autograph. If you look on ebay right now there are a few but are ridiculously overpriced. I don't care for graded (it creates a false premium in my mind) and damage isn't an issue.
Also looking for 2007 sweet spot immortal inscriptions if you happen to know where they're at. (I have a word document with previous known sales) come at me with a price, I have an idea and I won't bite.
no org, please do not send trade requests

RE: wtb: Big 3 sweet spot autographs, have them?
The Mantle's are high, but someone will probably buy them. The DiMaggio and Williams are spot on.

Haven't seen a mantle or williams sell lately but last year this time there were two dimaggio sold for less than 600 each and I didn't have the money. My loss. While I don't expect that, the listed ones are ridiculous in my mind based off my research

That's insane. I can sell just about anything DiMaggio signed for $2500. If you get it on a product like triple threads, $4k-$6k to start. If it's graded well, ridiculous money. Williams obviously isn't as expensive, but still a huge demand. That and I may be in the right area to sell his stuff for a little extra.
(12-07-2014, 03:31 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: That's insane. I can sell just about anything DiMaggio signed for $2500. If you get it on a product like triple threads, $4k-$6k to start. If it's graded well, ridiculous money. Williams obviously isn't as expensive, but still a huge demand. That and I may be in the right area to sell his stuff for a little extra.
The other part of that is, if your pulling sales from ebay, how many DiMaggio auto's that were signed on premium cards were sold in the past year? Not too many, if any at all. People buy the majority of that sort of thing from auction houses and larger shows. There's an older gentleman over in Manhattan that showed me his inventory recently. He only sells top tier cut auto's and you will not find a DiMaggio in his collection for under $4k, and that's for older, less desirable brands. And he will sell them all.

That's crazy! I quoted the ebay sales but seen a few other auction houses and person to person deals as well. Worthpoint though spendy in itself is a great tool to gauge sales value. I bought both of these for under $225 ea, I dont understand why anyone pays over that for triple threads or such...

Mantle is an ASA early 80 ' s issue. One of the first on card certified autos if not the first.
[Image: 5B4708E2-11AA-497B-B790-0B7A608706E2-110...4A00FB.jpg]
[Image: E70E5C84-1B04-45F5-9608-DF85C0892691-138...189C72.jpg]

Because they are a much more desirable product. Looks are everything in this case. The best cards from the best products are naturally going to demand a higher price tag. Plus, you have that nifty certification on the backs of them. The newer cut auto's have the best of both worlds. The classic hof signature with a beautiful modern design.