`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Someone just opened a box of 1997 metal universe...unreal hit

RE: Someone just opened a box of 1997 metal universe...unreal hit
(12-09-2014, 03:21 PM)altz11 Wrote: I just meant why he chose PSA to grade it over BGS.
But yeah, a card that is THAT high in value definitely needs to be graded or at least slabbed authentic.
To clarify, yes of course I understand the need to get it authenticated... what I was wondering was why he listed it on eBay, solicited bids, then suddenly changed his mind and took it down to be sent out to PSA. That seems suspicious to me. But hey it's not my jackpot!
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

It's not about having $75k laying around to buy this card that matters, I would have to have $2 million+ laying around and then spending chump change little $75k on a card like this wouldn't even be a 2nd thought to me no matter what the condition it is in. With that being said, this seller understands that a CEO or pro basketball player or something with that type of pockets would EASILY spend an additional 25% on this card (slow math people that means $25,000 or more) to obtain this card that they have been chasing for years.

Now to the real question because we are all in the same group, we ain't got millions, how long do you keep a card like this before you sell it if you even sell it at all? I would go to all the shows I possibly could and get some recognition of pulling this card and feel like a mini celebrity and then pass the word after maybe 6 months to everybody that I come into contact with that it would be up for sale. I would also make flyers of my intentions with the card and put on on every windshield of a guy who drives a very expensive car..

Yes I put some thought into this, but when the powerball is at 300 million, don't tell me you don't think of what you will buy as soon as your numbers hit. Also I dislike when folks say that some people have all the luck, you know how many sperm we had to beat to reach the egg so we could all become people? Everyone of us had impossible odds before birth and we all won...think of that when you think luck is not on your side.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but why all the references to the card being /10 ... isn't it numbered to 100?

(12-10-2014, 02:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Forgive me if I'm missing something, but why all the references to the card being /10 ... isn't it numbered to 100?

The planet metal gems sets are numbered out of 100. There are 90 pmg reds and only 10 greens.
(12-10-2014, 01:41 AM)lowsyplayer Wrote: Now to the real question because we are all in the same group, we ain't got millions, how long do you keep a card like this before you sell it if you even sell it at all? I would go to all the shows I possibly could and get some recognition of pulling this card and feel like a mini celebrity and then pass the word after maybe 6 months to everybody that I come into contact with that it would be up for sale. I would also make flyers of my intentions with the card and put on on every windshield of a guy who drives a very expensive car..

To keep it or not to keep it?
Depends...If I had money, like you're saying 2 million+ I would probably keep the card as money really isn't a problem. But as I sit right now I would probably have to sell it (not that I'm in financial trouble) because it wouldn't make much sense for me to have a $50,000 -$100,000+ card sitting in my closet. That money would be better spent on real life things like mortgage, savings, kids college fund etc...
If I did sell it I would take about $2,500 of the profits and buy a 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle BVG or PSA 2 (I will own this card someday)

(12-10-2014, 02:47 PM)altz11 Wrote: The planet metal gems sets are numbered out of 100. There are 90 pmg reds and only 10 greens.

To keep it or not to keep it?
Depends...If I had money, like you're saying 2 million+ I would probably keep the card as money really isn't a problem. But as I sit right now I would probably have to sell it (not that I'm in financial trouble) because it wouldn't make much sense for me to have a $50,000 -$100,000+ card sitting in my closet. That money would be better spent on real life things like mortgage, savings, kids college fund etc...
If I did sell it I would take about $2,500 of the profits and buy a 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle BVG or PSA 2 (I will own this card someday)
Thanks for the info! Wow, crazy hit.

You know, someone earlier asked if this was the best Jordan card.

For my money, I'd rather have one of those MJ rookie buyback autos/23 that Fleer/Upper Deck put out in 2006-07 ... I don't think I've ever even seen one.

That's cool.
For some reason Jordan autos and patches (and even modern autos/patches) don't intrigue me much. I'd much rather have a plain ole' rookie card or even his star rc. But I'm sure Jordan's "best" card could be debated for eternity.
Anyone else care to post what they think the best Jordan card is???

This is definitely one of his best 90s cards. Personally I would rather have his 97-98 Flair Showcase Masterpiece Row 0 card (or any of the other rows for that matter). His 1997-98 Ultra Masterpieces #23 is another one that would be right up there. I can't even imagine what one of his early 1/1 cards would sell for in today's market.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

it did come back from psa slabbed authentic.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

That's cool - now hopefully we get to see it listed eBay for big bucks
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

(12-12-2014, 08:22 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: it did come back from psa slabbed authentic.
link?