3 Brett Hunter
3 Xavier Avery
2 Jay Austin

Combine that with the boxes I opened last week
[Image: null_zps7415a6f4.jpg]

3 Brett Hunter + 1more
3 Xavier Avery +1 more
2 Jay Austin +2 more

Seriously? Talk about bad collation! And why couldn't that happen with Bumgarner Autos instead?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: What are the chances? 2 boxes of 2008 Tristar Prospects Plus
I would be so damn mad.

(12-05-2014, 11:49 PM)wordsense Wrote: I would be so damn mad.
Either that, or find 3 trading buddies that PC Avery, Hunter, & Austin Smile
Not mad, confused and frustrated, maybe. but at $19 a box, I didn't get hosed too badly and I got a Posey Auto from my first, best box. I find it strange that with all the signers, to get 2 of the same players in a box, not twice, but three times... ?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Holy crap! That's aweful. I feel your pain.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

I have had that happen with those boxes before. I have 8 more of them I picked up during Black Friday sales for under $20 a box. They are just sitting waiting for me to open, along with a bunch of other boxes. I just finished opening 4 boxes of 2013 USA Champions and get a few of my needs for the master set. Now I just need to sort the rest out, so I am probably going to hold off on opening any more boxes until tomorrow.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-07-2014, 12:17 AM)djohn Wrote: I have had that happen with those boxes before. I have 8 more of them I picked up during Black Friday sales for under $20 a box. They are just sitting waiting for me to open, along with a bunch of other boxes. I just finished opening 4 boxes of 2013 USA Champions and get a few of my needs for the master set. Now I just need to sort the rest out, so I am probably going to hold off on opening any more boxes until tomorrow.
Well, if you get dupes, trips or quads of some other players, keep in I'm mind for a quick easy trade Smile

Lets just say that those guys are no Dillon Maples or Clay Holmes.
Kepler

(12-07-2014, 10:16 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Lets just say that those guys are no Dillon Maples or Clay Holmes.
LOL
Too true. Not on their best days! Smile (or worst days, too) although I still have some hope for Xavier Avery.

What are the odds?.........well obviously pretty good. Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(12-07-2014, 06:20 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: What are the odds?.........well obviously pretty good. Smile
Actually, based on either the odds, or the laws of probability the next few boxes should have some great hits, since I took out all these Avery, Hunter, and Austin cards Smile