`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The heir apparent for Jeter has been found...

The heir apparent for Jeter has been found...
And the successor is... Didi Gregorius?

RE: The heir apparent for Jeter has been found...
I was convinced it was going to be Tulo.
Kepler

I think I'd rather have Tulo hurt all the time with a decent back up than Didi. He's a solid fielder, but he cant hit.

Tulo would definitely be a bigger splash, but that lefty bat with a little bit of pop and a tendency to pull could be a good fit for that park. And it won't cost nearly as much in money or in terms of prospects.
Kepler

(12-05-2014, 10:43 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I was convinced it was going to be Tulo.
Yeah, me too! A little disappointed but DiDi is better than what they had on the team. Drew and Ryan were not going to fill that spot successfully. Tulo would have been great, but DiDi might just work out. Time will tell. I'm upset because I gave up on a nice DiDi Tribute card redemption .... Who knew? Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

would've cost a fortune to get Tulo...this is a good move. He's a young player and can develop. Defense is sound and should be an above average SS offensively
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(12-05-2014, 01:34 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, me too! A little disappointed but DiDi is better than what they had on the team. Drew and Ryan were not going to fill that spot successfully. Tulo would have been great, but DiDi might just work out. Time will tell. I'm upset because I gave up on a nice DiDi Tribute card redemption .... Who knew? Smile
Keeping in mind I'm from Boston, I think Drew would gave worked out great for you.

While, I'm like you guys, I was looking for them to go the way of Tulo, but I'm always yelling that they need to go young and a rebuild a core. Didi is a good start. Hopefully the Yanks can develop him into some sort of hitter.

Big shoes to fill for that kid
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(12-05-2014, 02:28 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Keeping in mind I'm from Boston, I think Drew would gave worked out great for you.
Drew was great with Boston for about 2 years (right?), then he forgot how to hit ... Or he wasn't taking steroids anymore Smile
But seriously, I thought he was going to be a great addition, but how long do you wait?!? Boston gave up on him and moved on. I can't see the Yanks wasting any more time. DiDi is younger and hopefully doesn't 'crack' under the NYC pressure. I prefer they bring up Farm System players, but they want immediacy!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.