`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday Box Breaks w/ scans

Black Friday Box Breaks w/ scans
And...this, ladies and gents, is why I prefer old school box breaks lol. Did four boxes of 12-13 Timeless Treasures and 6 blasters of 08-09 Skybox and pulled a grand total of 1 card that might sell for $10...on a good day. Take a look and see for yourself lol

[Image: 12-13timelesstreasures12-3001_zpsfd1bac75.jpg]

The Majerle and Divac are /199, Kyrie /149, rc autos /499, dual jersey cards /75

Not pictured: Lebron and Kobe base, Jared Sullinger auto redemption, joe johnson 3-piece puzzle /199, Amare jersey card /99, couple more scrub RC autos (lavoy allen, doron lamb). Also have about 30 different Kobe anthologies now so if anyone has set needs there LMK.

The blasters weren't much better. I usually get about 1 ruby in every other box or so, only got 1 in six. Also got shorted a GU card, although the ones I hit were actually better than average. Best card is undoubtedly the D-Rose RC.

[Image: 08-09skyboxhits12-3001_zps6c8ffcfd.jpg]

Not pictured: Best metal universe pulls were CP3 and Gallinari RC, George Hill GU card.

Everything is FS/FT. Thanks for checking out the carnage!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Black Friday Box Breaks w/ scans
I know the feeling, I felt really good after the first few boxes I opened from my Black Friday haul, however since then it has gone downhill considerably. I'm hoping that the next boxes I open turn my luck around. I got a couple of the 08-09 SkyBox blasters coming as well, so here's hoping I do better with landing some rubies.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Those Timeless Treasures tins can be ROUGH. Nice hit on the Wall Smile Would be interested in trading for it if you are looking to trade.
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

I got one of the SkyBox blasters today in the mail. I didn't do any better than you. I did get a ruby but it was of Marvin Williams. The jersey was Raymond Felton, and the RC was Alexis Ajinca. I also got 2 Metal Universe cards, but there appears to be some sort of film on them that is flaking off. I haven't seen this before, so hopefully it was just this one blaster. I should have more basketball to open tomorrow (though I might not get to it right away as I got over 50 boxes in today and I need to make some room to start opening them all).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

Nice thunder Dan!!

Nice Rose
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(12-04-2014, 11:30 PM)djohn Wrote: I got one of the SkyBox blasters today in the mail. I didn't do any better than you. I did get a ruby but it was of Marvin Williams. The jersey was Raymond Felton, and the RC was Alexis Ajinca. I also got 2 Metal Universe cards, but there appears to be some sort of film on them that is flaking off. I haven't seen this before, so hopefully it was just this one blaster. I should have more basketball to open tomorrow (though I might not get to it right away as I got over 50 boxes in today and I need to make some room to start opening them all).
50 boxes???? Dang man invite me over for Christmas time. I LOVE busting wax- it's cost-prohibitive for collecting so most of my highly limited budget goes to singles, but that would be like the best day ever in my world!!!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(12-05-2014, 08:29 PM)buckunteer Wrote: 50 boxes???? Dang man invite me over for Christmas time. I LOVE busting wax- it's cost-prohibitive for collecting so most of my highly limited budget goes to singles, but that would be like the best day ever in my world!!!
I got some more last night and am expecting another delivery today and some more next week. I got over 100 boxes in total.