`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Division Leaders... Who do you have?

RE: 2015 Division Leaders... Who do you have?
INDIANS! (hope springs eternal after all)

Strong young rotation (Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, Bauer, House) with depth (McAllister, Tomlin, Marcum)
If they can get Moss from the A's, their outfield is Brantley (MVP candidate again), Bourn & Moss with Gomes, Santana, Kipnis, Ramirez/Lindor and Chisenhall on the IF and hopefully a bounce back year from Swisher at DH.

Stranger things have happened...
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

My pre-spring training predictions:

AL East - O's
AL Central - Indians
AL West - Angels
WC - Rangers & Red Sox
AL Champ - Angels

NL East - Nats
NL Central - Reds
NL West - Dodgers
WC - Braves & Marlins
NL Champ - Dodgers

WS winner - Angels

Worst Team in ML baseball - Philadelphia Phillies

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-06-2014, 11:19 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: My pre-spring training predictions:

AL East - O's
AL Central - Indians
AL West - Angels
WC - Rangers & Red Sox
AL Champ - Angels

NL East - Nats
NL Central - Reds
NL West - Dodgers
WC - Braves & Marlins
NL Champ - Dodgers

WS winner - Angels

Worst Team in ML baseball - Philadelphia Phillies
You still got the Orioles even with losing Cruz, Miller and Markakis?

red sox will not win, even if they get lester. the sandoval and hanley signings are bleeping terrible signings

(12-06-2014, 01:12 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: red sox will not win, even if they get lester. the sandoval and hanley signings are bleeping terrible signings
Ok... then who do you have in the east?

i dont see the yankees pulling it off. toronto is lackluster. tampa is rebuilding

B-more by default. but the al east isnt a great division this year

(12-06-2014, 11:59 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: You still got the Orioles even with losing Cruz, Miller and Markakis?
Yea but they get back Manny, Weitters (name spelling) and Chris Davis. The AL East is no longer a beast...the best is the Al West, and the O's are slightly better than the Sox at this time.

Again, my predictions are pre-winter meetings....who knows what shocking developments will take place this week!!!! The stove will be on fire.........I hope!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-06-2014, 01:12 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: red sox will not win
- Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

(12-06-2014, 01:12 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: even if they get lester.
- Tapping fingers, rolling eyes. Keep the faith brother!

(12-06-2014, 01:12 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the sandoval and hanley signings are bleeping terrible signings
- I've got nothing.

Red Sox will win the American League East this year!

I dont think the Hanley and Sandoval signings are terrible. If your talking money, that's where the market is. Sandoval is a vast improvement at third and Hanley, while getting waaaay too much money, is another good bat in the lineup. If he can produce in the outfield, I'm ok with it.

(12-07-2014, 10:18 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont think the Hanley and Sandoval signings are terrible. If your talking money, that's where the market is. Sandoval is a vast improvement at third and Hanley, while getting waaaay too much money, is another good bat in the lineup. If he can produce in the outfield, I'm ok with it.
make clear: panda is a dh in 2016. someone out of the group of bogarts/middlebrooks (who still has power, so he is probably a trade chip) or chechinni will be playing third. i ignore bogarts numbers at third last year. his numbers went down when they moved him from SS because of the stupid a** drew signing (and blame ferrell and his thing for vets for that signing). bogarts will be fine, though i see him at ss, not third

sandovals money is stupid, but it isnt a terrible signing in light that he will be moved to DH, and wont be blocking any of the kids

the hanley signing is dumb as a box of rocks. he hasnt had a full productive season in 5 years. he's injured more than victorino (or ellsbury). and now, we have 8...9? outfielders on the 40 man roster. thats unsustainable. and five years for a guy who is a dominican 30...in-sane.

it would be especially egregious if they signed him and didnt resign lester (who im not thrilled about giving a six year contract to, but it is what it is)

my biggest problem with BOTH signings is that it is an overreaction to last year, and goes away from two organizational philosophies: 1. no long term contracts, especially at big money. 2. develop the farm talent and be patient while bringing them up

this bleeping reeks of crawford/agon. which except for the dodgers willingness to be big spenders, would still be weighing us down