`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else buy the 2014 Donruss Factory sets from Panini?

Anyone else buy the 2014 Donruss Factory sets from Panini?
So I ordered the Donruss Factory set and the Rookies set off the Panini website as soon as they where available, mostly because I was looking to buy both anyway and that seemed best. But when I ordered the Donruss set was 35.00. then they changed the price to 100.00 and limited them to 2014 sets. But because I had already ordered mine at 35.00, I still got mine at 35.00.

Nothing like "the early bird catches the worm"

RE: Anyone else buy the 2014 Donruss Factory sets from Panini?
Wow, I missed them at $35 or I would definitely had ordered one. I did order one of the Rookie sets though. I figured the regular set even limited to 2014 copies would come down in price on the secondary market. Especially since I remember getting a 2011 Allen & Ginter glossy set for half price, and I just got a bunch of 2013 Bowman Chrome Mini sets for $50 a piece when they originally retailed for around $200. It still amazes me at how many of these factory sets get broken up for singles and that the value of these limited sets seems to drop over time. I still remember the 2000 Fleer Glossy sets and how they were selling for $100+ a piece, and then a year later I was able to get them for $25-$40 a set.
That being said $35 is a steal for the set if it's supposed to be selling for $100 now. I wonder how many sets sold at $35, as if a lot of people got them at that price I would imagine there will be quite a few people trying to double their money (buy at $35 sell for $70) quickly which will lower the price of the set quicker.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I think they where not selling so they decided to limit them and raise the price.
The card themselves look exactly the same as the ones that came out of packs though.

I didn't get my order in. Sucks to be me. Guess I'll go without that set.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html