`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2014 Topps Chrome Football Warning!!

RE: 2014 Topps Chrome Football Warning!!
I was part of a case break (12 boxes) last night and not a lot of excitement to be had. Two biggest draws were a 1963 Mini auto refractor of Jeremy Hill /15 and rookie auto black refractor of Jordan Lynch /25. Not much else to write home about. There might have been variations in there, wasn't keeping an eye out for those.

(12-02-2014, 08:21 PM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: The Great thing that made last year's Topps Chrome worth it even if the rookie set wasn't great was that every player's base auto was numbered to 600 or less. That met that the odds of getting those players that seem to have signed thousands of autos for the product was limited. You had as good as chance to get a Le'Veon Bell as to get a Tyler Wilson. Without that limit who knows how many Mike Davis's autos are filling the product while Kelvin Benjamin real only has a limited number of base autos. Topps did great with it last year and now we're back again with this just to produce more cases and cash in.
Case Break from least valuable to most according to ebay.

CJ Fiedorowicz Base Auto $1
Mike Davis Base Sticker Auto $1
Lache Seastrunk Base Sticker Auto $1
Robert Herron Base Sticker Auto $1
Damien Williams Base Auto $1
Jeff Janis Base Auto $1
Pierre Desir Base Auto $1
Devonta Freeman Base Auto $3
Paul Richardson Base Auto $3
Cody Latimer Base Auto $3
John Brown Base Auto $5
Austin Seferian-Jenkins 1963 Mini Auto Redemption /15 ?????

Giovani Bernard Photo Variation $4
Tom Brady Fantasy Focus /99 $13
Luke Lueckly Gold Refractor /50 $8

Now that's pretty bad coming from an untouched case and a box.
i just got quoted $510 for a case shipped some of them have to have something good in it they can't all be junk
BUCKET http://s1358.beta.photobucket.com/user/1bud1/library/?

Henry Owens auto rc ..
mike trout auto rc
Topps chrome auto rookie from this years baseball and football
Joc pederson chrome auto rc
Derek jeter sp rcs

(12-07-2014, 12:31 PM)swirlie Wrote: i just got quoted $510 for a case shipped some of them have to have something good in it they can't all be junk
Better off buying some PC cards with that chunk of change......Smile
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Think about it before it's market date 11/26 the cases were going for $700-$750 and now just three weeks out on the market it's down to $510 with free shipping. That's how bad Topps Chrome is this year. Everyone that preordered or bought when it got out got bentover by Topps and refused to buy anymore cases. So the price just keeps dropping because collectors are seeing and hearing other collectors warning on the product. Wonder when the price might stop falling? Guessing around $40 a box is ok, but it wouldn't amaze me to see alot below that in a month when something new comes out and no one is looking to buy it. If you're buying to complete the set then $500 a case is good. Sucks that it's lost a third of it's value in less than a month. Score Football doesn't even do that.
I rather buy a case of Leaf product than Topps chrome. That's how bad it is this year. Was in a 50 case break, bought in before I read up on it, and in 50 cases only one Johnny Manziel auto base. Everything else was garbage. Wish I waited for Contenders.

(12-09-2014, 01:20 PM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: Think about it before it's market date 11/26 the cases were going for $700-$750 and now just three weeks out on the market it's down to $510 with free shipping. That's how bad Topps Chrome is this year. Everyone that preordered or bought when it got out got bentover by Topps and refused to buy anymore cases. So the price just keeps dropping because collectors are seeing and hearing other collectors warning on the product. Wonder when the price might stop falling? Guessing around $40 a box is ok, but it wouldn't amaze me to see alot below that in a month when something new comes out and no one is looking to buy it. If you're buying to complete the set then $500 a case is good. Sucks that it's lost a third of it's value in less than a month. Score Football doesn't even do that.
I rather buy a case of Leaf product than Topps chrome. That's how bad it is this year. Was in a 50 case break, bought in before I read up on it, and in 50 cases only one Johnny Manziel auto base. Everything else was garbage. Wish I waited for Contenders.
If it drops down into the 300's for a case I would actually consider buying one! At 500 for what you might or might not get is crazy, but 300 you might be able to come close to breaking even...