`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday basketball break - updated with 11th &12th boxes: 11-12 Past&Present

RE: Black Friday basketball break - updated with pictures from 6th-8th box
2 more boxes of Pinnacle opened tonight, here are the highlights of what I got:
Box 1:
Artist Proof: Anthony Bennett, Shabazz Muhammad, Phil Pressey
Museum Collection: Ray McCallum, Gorgiu Dieng, Ricky Ledo
Awaiting the Call: Kobe, Paul Pierce, Tony Parker
Behind the Numbers: Rubio, Rodman, Magic Johnson
Position Powers: Iverson, Shaq, Kareem, Chamberlain
Scoring Kings: Kareem, Shaq
JamFest: Durant, Harden
Naturals: Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Garnett
Team Pinnacle: Blake Griffin/Anthony Davis, John Wall/Rondo, Kobe/Durant
Clear Vision 1st Quarter: Gervin, John Wall
Big Bang Artist Proof: Hibbert
Team 2020 Artist Proof: Kawhi Leonard
Artists Proof Green: Ricky Ledo (#'d 22/25)
Big Bang DieCut: Hibbet (#'d 78/99)
Team 2020 DieCut: Dennis Schroder (#'d 16/99)
Performers Jersey: Andre Drummond
Autographs: Jamaal Franklin, Bill Sharman
[Image: 20141215_215055_zpskovzu3u6.jpg]
[Image: 20141215_215040_zpslbbelsub.jpg]

And now for the 2nd Box:
Artist Proof: Trey Burke, Mason Plumlee, Allen Crabbe, Paul Pierce
Museum Collection: Olajuwon, David Robinson, Bird, Yao Ming
Awaiting the Call: Wade, Lebron, Ray Allen
Behind the Numbers: Bird, Shaq
Position Powers: Iverson, Bird, Duncan, Shaq, Chamberlain
Scoring Kings: Kareem, Karl Malone, Shaq, Havlicek
Naturals: Blake Griffin, David Robinson, Derrick Rose, Ray Allen
Team Pinnacle: Chris Paul/Derrick Rose, Durant/Carmelo
Clear Vision 1st Quarter: Paul Pierce, John Wall
Clear Vision 3rd Quarter: Kawhi Leonard (#'d 10/24)
Awaiting the Call Artist Proof: Kobe
Position Players Artist Proof: Kobe
JamFest Artist Proof: Durant
Naturals Artist Proof: Garnett
Team Pinnacle Artist Proof: Chris Paul/Derrick Rose
Performers Jersey: LaMarcus Aldridge
Upstarts Jersey: Michael Carter-Williams
Autographs: Tony Snell, Tom "Satch" Sanders
[Image: 20141215_215127_zps9t7foix2.jpg]
[Image: 20141215_215114_zpsrtywyh3k.jpg]

Overall I am happy with these boxes. I am really impressed with the bang for the buck from Pinnacle. The quantity of inserts with top players along with the variety makes it fun to break each box. Next up are 2 more boxes of 11-12 Past & Present. I will either bust them tonight after organizing the Pinnacle or wait until later this week.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Black Friday basketball break - updated with 9th &10th boxes: more Pinnacle
I am so jealous. You are opening all kinds of fun wax. It seems you're enjoying it. Any more coming?

If you get any Celtics Clear Visions and they are available let me know!
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

RE: Black Friday basketball break - updated with 9th &10th boxes: more Pinnacle
(12-15-2014, 10:19 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: I am so jealous. You are opening all kinds of fun wax. It seems you're enjoying it. Any more coming?

If you get any Celtics Clear Visions and they are available let me know!
I have the 2 boxes of Past & Present to open. I actually opened a couple of retail and rack pack lots along with some other boxes that were real duds and I didn't bother posting them. I didn't get any extra Clear Visions of Celtics. I am going to try for a master set from Pinnacle (not including the parallels). Not sure if I will buy a bunch more boxes or just start trading and buying what I need. Probably just depends on how the rest of my breaks go and if I get any big hits that will offset the cost of buying more boxes.
Ok, so I went ahead and busted the 2 boxes of 11-12 Past & Present as I finished sorting the Pinnacle and am waiting for a few auctions to end and was getting anxious. Here are the hits and star inserts...
Box 1:
Raining 3s: Lebron
Breakouts: Westbrook, Blake Griffin
Bread for Life: Laimbeer, Dolph Schayes
Bread for Health: Kobe, Blake Griffin
Gamers Jersey: Brendan Haywood
Elusive Ink: Morlon Wiley, Bob Elliott
2011 Draft Pick Auto Redemption: XRCG - Klay Thompson

Box 2:
Raining 3's: Lebron
Bread for Energy: Westbrook
Gamers Jersey: Charlie Villanueva
Elusive Ink: Ron Brewer, Marv Roberts
2011 Draft Pick Auto Redemption: XRCJ - Chris Singleton

The first box was definitely better. However what sucked is that I only got 1 of the 8 Changing Times cards I need to finish the master set I have been working on for 2 years. I was hoping that between the 2 boxes I would at least get a couple that I needed. Oh well, I am probably done buying these boxes and will just trade for the rest that I need.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

RE: Black Friday basketball break - updated with 11th &12th boxes: 11-12 Past&Present
pinnacle is very under rated due to it being a really fun break. nice stuff, ill check your org, im sure youll have some inserts im interested in if you have them entered.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: Black Friday basketball break - updated with 11th &12th boxes: 11-12 Past&Present
(12-21-2014, 06:44 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: pinnacle is very under rated due to it being a really fun break. nice stuff, ill check your org, im sure youll have some inserts im interested in if you have them entered.
I just entered my extras from my Pinnacle breaks. I checked your ORG and you have a lot that I need from Pinnacle. So much so that I am considering buying a few more boxes (if I can pick them up for $40 or less again). I will wait until after Christmas to decide and let you know. Thanks

I'm interested in the David Robinson Museum Collection if that's not one of the sets you are going for. I'm also looking for a few of the colored Artist's proofs. I opened 2 or 3 boxes of these and can probably help you with your needs.

(12-23-2014, 12:17 PM)grimp50 Wrote: I'm interested in the David Robinson Museum Collection if that's not one of the sets you are going for. I'm also looking for a few of the colored Artist's proofs. I opened 2 or 3 boxes of these and can probably help you with your needs.
Ok, it is definitely available. I am not going to do any parallel sets (though the Museum Collection set is tempting, cause I really like the look of them). I am going to put together a wantlist after Christmas, as I know I am getting some boxes of cards. Thanks

OFF TOPIC...

I need some help cause I am new to this feature of the site. Does it matter any longer in the collecting world if a card has significant stat errors on the back? 2014-15 Shane Larkin base card has the stats of a twelve year superstar vet. Does it matter in pricing, documenting, etc.

PHEFFERNAN

(02-01-2015, 10:54 PM)pheffernan Wrote: OFF TOPIC...

I need some help cause I am new to this feature of the site. Does it matter any longer in the collecting world if a card has significant stat errors on the back? 2014-15 Shane Larkin base card has the stats of a twelve year superstar vet. Does it matter in pricing, documenting, etc.

PHEFFERNAN
Not sure what you mean. The Shane Larkin has the following back:
[Image: Shane-Larkin.jpg?id=6905db94-aa2b-4915-b...&side=back]
If your card doesn't have this back than it could be simply a wrong-back printing flaw. In which case there is minimal added value to that card. There are some people who collect wrong-backs and some player collectors that might want it, but printing flaws aren't heavily chased or desired.