`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday

Black Friday
Hi, I hope everyone had a great and safe Thanksgiving. Yesterday was spent with sporadic power due to the Nor Easter we had up in the New England area and didn't celebrate Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends until today. I am thankful that we got our power back.

I was able to get some Black Friday deals on some baseball boxes, I missed out on a lot of boxes from B/O, they were gone too fast, some in less than 30 seconds and wasn't able to be on the internet at the right time to order and way too slow trying to do it on the phone.

IMO, I think I did get some good deals from D&A and looking forward to breaking them when they arrive next week ( I hope)

From D & A
4 Boxes of Topps Stadium
3 Boxes of Topps Supreme
4 boxes of 2014 Historic Autograph Five Boroughs Signed Baseball Edition Hobby Box (even tho I am a Boston Fan, I could not pass up on the chance of getting a possible HOFer for the price)

From B/O
2 2010 Bowman Fat Pack Boxes
1 2011 Tier One Box
One Touch magnetic cases and Top holders

I am still watching D & for further boxes.

Anyone get any Black Friday deals and boxes and if so, what were they.

Thanks

[Image: 7zvFV.png]

RE: Black Friday
Glad to hear things are back to normal in the Northeast!
I was periodically checking Blowout since 6 am ... Specifically waiting for the 2014 Bowman Chrome Jumbo box for $80 ... I found a few little things along the way, but nothing great. I stepped out of my room to help my youngest daughter with something and when I got back, I just missed the Bowman Chrome box I was waiting for all morning Sad I picked up a few things, but nothing exciting.
But I opened 3 boxes today from another order ... And did well. I'll elaborate in the Box Break section as soon as I take a few photos.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

kind of from the other perspective:

ive been having a great black friday over on my website, but im doing a "black weekend", not just a "black friday"

I'm going to have a to put a thread together for all the boxes I bought so far. I still have a bunch to open from the Black Friday preview sales on Blowout, and ordered over 100 more boxes yesterday (if you include the boxes from cases I ordered) so it will take me a while to open them all. I just got my order from Panini today (2 boxes of Pinnacle basketball and 1 Donruss Rated Rookies set), and opened my Black Friday packs and got a couple nice football hits. I'm still watching DAC for more deals though and still loading up on singles on COMC, so this is turning out to be one of my largest 'weekends' of purchasing cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/
Wink 
Definitely sounds like you are going to be busy and have lots of fun breaking those boxes too. This is also going to be the most I've ever bought in such a time frame too and I do not think I am done as I am also checking on DAC for more deals throughout this weekend. I just bought 10 boxes of the 2012 Baseball Prizm at DAC.

I consider it an early Christmas present to myself..

(11-29-2014, 10:43 AM)djohn Wrote: I'm going to have a to put a thread together for all the boxes I bought so far. I still have a bunch to open from the Black Friday preview sales on Blowout, and ordered over 100 more boxes yesterday (if you include the boxes from cases I ordered) so it will take me a while to open them all. I just got my order from Panini today (2 boxes of Pinnacle basketball and 1 Donruss Rated Rookies set), and opened my Black Friday packs and got a couple nice football hits. I'm still watching DAC for more deals though and still loading up on singles on COMC, so this is turning out to be one of my largest 'weekends' of purchasing cards.

I picked up a 2012 topps factory set, bowman chrome mini set, 5 goodwin blasters, and a 2013 topps mini football box. I thought about some of the cooperstown boxes but passed.

Good luck on your breaks!