`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Boxes (4 minis) Panini Classics

2 Boxes (4 minis) Panini Classics
My 2 boxes of Panini Classics came today. I decided when I ordered to use next day air for a change, just so I could have them for the weekend. I do like the look of the cards and insert cards, I guess I like having older players included in the sets. The boxes cost me $130.95 each, got them at D&A.

One GOOD think from breaking 2 boxes, I got 27, count 'em yes 27) personal collection cards. This is one of my better breaks for pc cards ever. They span the range of Lefty Gomez to Derek Jeter for the Yankees, and a few other players I collect too.

As far as autos, mem cards and normal inserts, I'm not sure how I did. I think the best cards I pulled are 1. Nolan Ryan jersey card numbered 42/99; 2. a Byron Buxton jersey/auto card numbered 298/299; and 3. an Allen Trammell Gold Significant Signatures autograph numbered 10/10. I was hoping to get something I could sell so I can recoup some of the box cost. I'm now waiting for Beckett to release the pricing, I think they said next Wednesday maybe.

The other cards I pulled are: Carlos Ruiz double jersey swatch numbered 52/99; a Significant Signatures auto/jersey card of Nick Castellanos numbered 111/299; a Heinie Groh bat card numbered 64/99; a Significant Signatures jersey/auto combo of Yangervis Solarte (still in a Yanks uni, thought he was traded when they acquired Headly from San Diego) numbered 126/299; and finally a Classics Champion bat card of Dave Bancroft numbered 39/99. Also pulled 3 numbered inserts (no mem or auto): Robinson Cano 053/149; Carlos Gomez numbered 026/149; and Miguel Cabrera numbered 058/149.

I guess really these were my best 2 boxes of the year for what I pulled. I think I'll make the base set and the unnumbered inserts and then sell or trade the rest.

I'll try to scan some of the cards during the weekend. I'd enjoy hearing what everyone thinks about the pulls, and also if you like the set or not. I really do, as I said I like seeing cards of the older players.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: 2 Boxes (4 minis) Panini Classics
I'm interested in trading for castellanos and trammell autos
Top wants
peyton manning auto
Babe ruth relic
calvin jon son auto
HOF relics
david price auto
mike trout rookie
buster posey auto
clayton kershaw auto
Ben roethlisberger auto

RE: 2 Boxes (4 minis) Panini Classics
(11-29-2014, 12:39 AM)jeffgehringer Wrote: I'm interested in trading for castellanos and trammell autos
I'll keep you in mind for that. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the autos and mem cards. I'd really like to sell a few to get some of my cost back. But I won't decide until I see how Beckett prices them. If I do trade them, you'll get first shot at them. Thanks for the reply.

Panini Classics scans
Here are the scans I said I'd put up. First one is the autos and mems; second one is the three timeless tributes

[Image: AutosMem_zpsbdfef404.jpg]

[Image: TimeTrib_zps44ad6f4d.jpg]