`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
back...kind of!

back...kind of!
Hello all and happy holidays (even to my heathen Canadien friends who have their weird thanksgiving early!).

Looks like I'm back...at least in a talking sense!

As you all know, things have been really hard since my wife and I got married (yes, wife/kids do truly suck the life out of you...I'm losing hair and going gray at 23!). Well, come August, after two months of unemployment, I was able to get a job managing...shocker I know...another Halloween store down here! I was also able to get the job of the sous chef at a Yacht Club a mile from my house! For two months I put in 70+ hours a week every week to try and get out of the hole.

Thankfully, Two weeks ago I got the promotion to head chef at my yacht club! This was the first time I was able to work only 40 hours a week and support my family. We weren't rich, but by Joe all of our bills were covered and we could go out to dinner once and a while!

Well...as of yesterday...they fired me after two weeks! Evidently they were hurting financially and needed to cut lose the top $ employee (because they're morons and don't know how to run a restaurant).

So here I am. On my couch again. Applying for jobs like mad trying to keep from falling in the hole again a week before Thanksgiving!

Thankfully, we purchased the food for the holiday the first week I got the promotion! Looks like it will be back to working 70+ hours again!

And to make matters worse, I won two auctions totaling $11 shipped this weekend because I figured things were FINALLY going to be ok and I could slowly start rebuilding the collection...apparently I spoke too soon!

Oh well! Lord giveth the Lord taketh away, I'll just have to find something fast!

Hope all is well and you all continue to have a safe holiday season!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: back...kind of!
sorry about your luck keep your head something will turn up

(11-25-2014, 02:06 PM)csamsal Wrote: sorry about your luck keep your head something will turn up
Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm not trying to complain, but after getting so close to finally being financially ok for the first time in our lives it just sucks seeing it ripped away at no fault of my own.

The good news is I was able to get an interview at Iron Chef Mychael Simon's restaurant in downtown Detroit...I'd definitely call that a step up from the stupid red neck yacht club!

i know it sucks being out of work i was out of work for about 5 months before i landed this job that I'm not really happy with

Welcome back... kind of. Wink lol good to see you on the boards!! Sorry about your luck it sounds like the story of my life hahaha 1 step forward... 2 steps back.

Justin... first off, you need to stop bashing us Canadians, as we are clearly doing better in the hockey world than you Mercs are. Tongue

Man... I know that you were stoked about the yacht club job. It is brutal to know that you got let go after working so hard to get ahead. Show your skills to Mr. Simon so that you will be able to land a great job soon. Someone with that kind of name will surely demand high-level skills, and I think that you have the tenacity to put forward what he is seeking. I wish yourself and the family nothing but the best! Here's to being able to get things going for Christmas (if this offends anyone... I DON'T CARE!!!), and to new life in the New Year.

Randi

(11-26-2014, 07:53 PM)rayeates Wrote: Justin... first off, you need to stop bashing us Canadians, as we are clearly doing better in the hockey world than you Mercs are. Tongue

Man... I know that you were stoked about the yacht club job. It is brutal to know that you got let go after working so hard to get ahead. Show your skills to Mr. Simon so that you will be able to land a great job soon. Someone with that kind of name will surely demand high-level skills, and I think that you have the tenacity to put forward what he is seeking. I wish yourself and the family nothing but the best! Here's to being able to get things going for Christmas (if this offends anyone... I DON'T CARE!!!), and to new life in the New Year.

Randi
Lol thanks Randi. Thankfully the autograph sales are going well, I've almost sold enough to buy my kids Christmas gifts, I need another 100 bucks to fully pay for them by the due date next Friday...

Then I just need to get rent!