`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The lesser knowns

RE: The lesser knowns
I have a PC of a former Tampa Bay & St. Louis pitching prospect named Evan Rust. He made it to AAA and was once traded for Tino Martinez. I went to high school with him in California and when I found out he had cards I decided I had to start a PC.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

I collect Zoilo Almonte from the Yankees who has been up and down quite a bit the last couple years. The primary reason I collect him is that I used to have season tickets for the Staten Island Yankees when I lived in North Jersey. The PA announcer always gave extra attention to Zoilo's name. Kind of like ZOY-lo Alllllll-mon-taaaaaaay. That always just stuck with me so I started picking up his cards. Now if only they would give him more of a chance to stick rather then shelling out more dough for over the hill "veteran" free agents....
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(11-25-2014, 06:16 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Wily mo pena, darnell mcdonald
I actually went to high school with Darnell. Had a math class with him my sophomore year. Really good guy. He was a stud football/baseball kid who had offers from so many schools to play both it was sick. Shame he didn't get a chance to fully realize all the potential he had.
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

(11-26-2014, 01:24 AM)Kingofallmarks Wrote: I have a PC of a former Tampa Bay & St. Louis pitching prospect named Evan Rust. He made it to AAA and was once traded for Tino Martinez. I went to high school with him in California and when I found out he had cards I decided I had to start a PC.
That's great! I pulled one of his autos awhile back out of a repack box. I believe it's a super script or something like that.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(11-26-2014, 09:24 AM)glassnickels Wrote: I collect Zoilo Almonte from the Yankees who has been up and down quite a bit the last couple years. The primary reason I collect him is that I used to have season tickets for the Staten Island Yankees when I lived in North Jersey. The PA announcer always gave extra attention to Zoilo's name. Kind of like ZOY-lo Alllllll-mon-taaaaaaay. That always just stuck with me so I started picking up his cards. Now if only they would give him more of a chance to stick rather then shelling out more dough for over the hill "veteran" free agents....
He might have a better chance at some playing time now that he's a Brave.