`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA graded 5 cent cards?

PSA graded 5 cent cards?
I'm assuming this has been covered but I couldn't find anything on the subject so I am wondering what the deal is with PSA graded commons. Do these particular sellers not have to pay to have cards graded? I was looking for Chili Davis items on The Bay and was astonished by how many of his random commons had been graded.

RE: PSA graded 5 cent cards?
No people will grade just about anything if for nothing else than people collect graded sets. Im surprised when people have PSA grade that sort of card because BVG is so much cheaper and you can select your return time.

PSA set registry has a lot to do with it
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(11-24-2014, 09:18 AM)iconms Wrote: PSA set registry has a lot to do with it
Yup. If your a PSA guy and a set collector, your gonna need the commons. Problem is you can buy them cheaper than have them graded yourself. But the 80's stuff, I just dont get.

(11-24-2014, 09:18 AM)iconms Wrote: PSA set registry has a lot to do with it
Exactly because if you can get a gem mint version of a common, then it's not that common, and I would also say that it might have sentimental values for the collector (first card you get from a player,etc...)

For example I have a graded version of the Pedroia's '12 Topps because I love both player and picture
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85