`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
case size

case size
Does anyone know which size one touch magnetic case the 2014 topps update metal framed cards fit?

RE: case size
Stack regular cards next to that card & see how many are needed:

1 Regular Card = 20 Point - Use All Standard or Regular Card Holders
3 Regular Cards = 55 Point - Use 55 Point Holders (Also called Action Packed Size or Thick)
4-5 Regular Cards = 70-75 Point - Use 75 Point Holders or Extra Thick Holders
6-8 Regular Cards = 120-130 Point - Use 130 Point Holders (Commonly called Memorabilia Size or Real Thick or 3.5 mm)
9-12 Regular Cards = 180 Point - Use 180 Point Holders (Also called Super Thick)
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

thankyou for the conversion

Im not sure about update, but if they are like the museum collection framed auto's, they are 180's. 1/4" thick

hmm....i am pretty sure i have my museum framed card in a 130...i have never purchased one larger than that.

(11-20-2014, 10:28 PM)mikmouse24 Wrote: hmm....i am pretty sure i have my museum framed card in a 130...i have never purchased one larger than that.
Does it pinch down tightly on the card? I like to give them a little room. If you try to fit your cards in snug and the case is a hair shallow or the card is a hair thick, it rounds the bottom edge. Destroys the card if you want to have it graded or you have a super sensitive collector.

ohhh ok I dont have any museum framed cards

nope it fits like a glove no constriction- i only purchase the one touch magnetics so each brand / style might be a little different

(11-21-2014, 11:40 AM)mikmouse24 Wrote: nope it fits like a glove no constriction- i only purchase the one touch magnetics so each brand / style might be a little different
Yeah, thats what I buy. Once every so often you get a fat card or a shallow case.

(11-21-2014, 03:27 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Yeah, thats what I buy. Once every so often you get a fat card or a shallow case.
Very true. There are micromillimeter variations in the cards and the cases, and when both are off in the wrong direction .... It can be frustrating.
My Framed Jeter and Griffey cards fit very nicely without any pressure on the card, but for the life of me, I can't remember if it was a 130 pt or 180 pt one touch.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.