`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Purchased retail packs of 2012 Prizm from D&A ...strange?

Purchased retail packs of 2012 Prizm from D&A ...strange?
So recently Dave & Adams had a every 1/2 hour deal and I scored a lot of 24 packs of 2012 Prizm Retail for $19.99. I actually bought two lots.....what I got back seemed strange but I want to know from those of you who collected this product heavily if it was strange or just coincidence.....

In 48 Packs the best Rookie I got was Doug Martin....no Luck, Griffin, Wilson, Tannehill, etc.....

In 48 packs I got 4 regular prizms and one green prizm.....nobody good.

In 48 packs no autos or Relics....not that shocked but still not one.

What did I get you ask......a lot of base. I did get somewhere around 48 Rookies but none of them are real good.....I got one Cousins and two Doug Martins.

I also had 3-4 packs that had no Rookies at all....just 4 base cards. I thought these packs contained at least one rookie. Most of them did and in the same spot in the pack.

Some of the packs opened in a sketchy manner. I am not near an expert on the dark arts of pack searching and resealing but seemed like a strange break.

What I am wondering is...was this product that poorly broken up? I am not accusing Dave and Adams of searching packs or anything....more or less wondering where they get there retail pack lots from. I intend to ask them but wanted some feedback from those who may have purchased this product when it was out......were prizm's hard to hit? 1 in 10 packs hard?

*Disclaimer...I like D&A, I but from them every year around this time. This is not meant to bash them but they may have a product that is not up to their standards.
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

RE: Purchased retail packs of 2012 Prizm from D&A ...strange?
I actually bought 2 lots of these during that same sale. I did much better though and have been meaning to put a post up in the Box Breaks section. I got around a half dozen Green Prizms, only 2 regular Prizms (though one was Aaron Rodgers), a Decade Dominance GOLD Prizm Mike Singeltary numbered out of 10, along with a single autograph (nobody special), and a handful of other inserts. As for the rookies I actually got 2 of the Russell Wilson SP versions, but no Luck or Griffin. I don't think the packs were pre-checked, but they probably were randomly grouped together so you could get a bunch of duds or get a bunch of inserts. I think we might have balanced each other out. Unfortunately I got the better side of the balance.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-20-2014, 01:28 PM)djohn Wrote: I actually bought 2 lots of these during that same sale. I did much better though and have been meaning to put a post up in the Box Breaks section. I got around a half dozen Green Prizms, only 2 regular Prizms (though one was Aaron Rodgers), a Decade Dominance GOLD Prizm Mike Singeltary numbered out of 10, along with a single autograph (nobody special), and a handful of other inserts. As for the rookies I actually got 2 of the Russell Wilson SP versions, but no Luck or Griffin. I don't think the packs were pre-checked, but they probably were randomly grouped together so you could get a bunch of duds or get a bunch of inserts. I think we might have balanced each other out. Unfortunately I got the better side of the balance.
Wow, that great....Feel so much better now. (Not)
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

(11-21-2014, 09:45 AM)chester2002 Wrote: Wow, that great....Feel so much better now. (Not)
If it makes you feel any better, I got totally skunked on some of the rack pack lots I got.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

It is like the free packs they give away when you buy so much...I get junk cards every time
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]