`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beautiful mailday

RE: Beautiful mailday
Lol, I hear ya. I like to gamble as well on hobby boxes as well. I guess its the thrill. Haven't picked one up in while. Mantle has always been my favorite since I was a kid. And now that I am older I can now purchase his cards. I just picked up another one for cheap. Great condition. Its the Mantle/Boyer car .

RE: Beautiful mailday
Thank you DrMitchJ, I appreciate that. I know what you mean with the box breaks. Its addictive. For years I bought boxes and cases just because I liked to break them. Getting a card you really want in a box is better than any present that could be bought for you. I had a really great run on high end boxes/cases from late 2011 to early 2013, so I just couldn't help myself. Really there was no reason to. I wasn't losing money. But then I had to deal with a Topps exec or two on items that were way passed due and of substantial value. Long story short, they lied and I did not get what I was promised. So other than five star I had not purchased anything from them since august of last year. But... joining this site and reading everyone's posts on what they opened renewed my interest in modern cards and now I constantly have the itch to open boxes. Yes, your better buying singles most of the time. No, there's no comparison in the fun aspect.