`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Longevity RC or not RC???

Longevity RC or not RC???
Beckett confuses me so much. Some years (such as 2012) they list the Target exclusive Longevity set rookies as RC, but years like 2013 & 2014, they do not list them as RC's. I like to keep my RC's grouped together, but it seems odd that these are not listed as RC's. Helpful hints, anyone????

RE: Longevity RC or not RC???
I'm getting to the point where if it's the year of the card is a year where they have rookie cards, then ALL of them are rookie cards. The Beckett designation of RC is subjective, so I find it hard to classify my collection with it.

(11-18-2014, 01:12 PM)bojesphob Wrote: I'm getting to the point where if it's the year of the card is a year where they have rookie cards, then ALL of them are rookie cards. The Beckett designation of RC is subjective, so I find it hard to classify my collection with it.
+1

Can anyone else chime in on this? I still really don't think I have received a definitive answer on this. Do the people from Beckett here ever answer questions? I would appreciate them explaining the logic of 2012 being designated RC's and 2013 & 2014 NOT being designated RC's. Thanks, all! Frankly, I think all years should be designated as RC's. If the logic is that it's a Target only product, well then, how soon before all retail cards are NOT considered RC's, or all hobby cards are NOT considered RC's. It makes no sense.

I'm on board with the "if it's from the year the player was drafted, it's an RC". Recently, though, cards have been produced with the "RC" shield, designating which card is a rookie card. I found a couple of articles using google a while back that helped. If I track 'em down I'll post 'em.

I'd definitely suggest reconsidering how you view Beckett. They're wildly inconsistent, so they can't be considered the end-all be-all these days. I mean, just look at their site. You arrive at beckett.com with the newest (of three or so) UI experience, but when you click 'Log In' it takes you to an old UI. Don't drive yourself nuts trying to figure it out...just decide what works for you and organize your stuff that way.

I always looked at parallels as RC's but inserts from the rookie year more of a Rookie year card. Although they are all basically RC's IMO, I look at base RC's and their parallels as TRUE RC's as opposed to RC year.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.