`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J-Hey traded for Shelby Miller

RE: J-Hey traded for Shelby Miller
Miller is going to drive Braves fans crazy. When he has his head on straight and pitches efficiently he is pretty good.. Problem is that did not happen nearly enough. I hope your bullpen is ready for some work too.. He rarely goes deep into game, 6 innings is a long outing for him. He is solid but not a top of the rotation guy. Maybe a number 3 starter at best. That being said if you listened to John Hart at all during his time with MLB Network he always preached about how important contract control was, so I am sure he loves the fact that Millers contract is under club control through 2018.

Cards needed help in RF because Grichuk has not proven he can be a consistent threat at the plate and they think that Piscotty is still a year away. They dealt from a position of depth/strength to fill a void. A healthy Wacha and either Carolos Martinez &/or Marco Gonzales more than replaces Shelby Miller easily. They also have Rob Kominsky, Alexander Reyes, Jack Flaherty, Samuel Tuivailala & numerous over starting pitchers on the way up. I also like that we picked up another power arm for the bullpen in Jordan Walden.