`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Met Roy Halladay this past Saturday

Met Roy Halladay this past Saturday
Just thought I'd post a nice word or two about meeting Roy Halladay this past weekend.

I coach my son's 14U Travel Baseball Team and we had a game scheduled against the Dunedin Panthers. I knew from seeing them previously at a tournament that Roy Halladay had a son that played on the team, but didn't see Roy. I looked at the team roster and it had him listed as coach, so just in case, I threw an MLB ball in my bag. When we got there, sure enough, he was managing the team. I heard that he took over the team recently. He also has younger son whose team he coaches.

Right before the plate meeting prior to the game, I went up and introduced myself and said it was an honor to meet him. I asked him if wouldn't mind taking a few pics with our boys and maybe signing a few things after the game. He said of course, he'd be happy to do it.

After the game, our boys waited patiently for him to finish with his team and he came by and took pics with each one and signed something for them. My son was pretty glad I threw that MLB ball in my bag!

Anyway, as another side note, if anyone here is a hockey fan and knows the name Larry Robinson, his grandson plays for our team and he was in attendance Saturday as well. So, the starting pitchers in the game were Hockey Hall of Famer Larry Robinson's grandson for our team and Roy Halladay's son for the other team... pretty cool.

With all that goes on with athletes these days, want to give a big shout out to Roy Halladay for taking some extra time for our boys when I'm sure he wanted to just hit the road and head home!

Here are a couple of pics.

[Image: 0eab9918-8705-4309-bce5-def453f50023_zps87e19d9d.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2449_zpsc40edd27.jpg]
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Met Roy Halladay this past Saturday
pretty cool
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Great story!
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

Wow, locals are going to start following your team around with bags of pucks and balls to sign...that is a pretty cool little story.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

That's awesome as hell. One of my favorite pitchers right there.

@rmpaq5 - good point, but just be sure to check in with me... Larry Robinson is still coaching for the San Jose Sharks and was only in town because they played the Lightning!
Thanks,
- Steve

Awesome story- If there's any chance you could get another Halladay auto'd ball on the sweet spot, I'd be interested in it!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

Awesome...there are so many pro athletes in the Tampa Bay area it never surprises me to see them. It's great to be prepared with something for them to sign, and even better when you have a MLB ball ready.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Awesome story !!!! Love to meet him someday!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.