`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
300 Mil for Stanton?!

300 Mil for Stanton?!
He ain't worth it period... I'm not taking anything anyway from him because he's a great player BUT no one man is worth it. To further prove my argument, heres a fairly up to date article to back my claim. Don't get me wrong, there we're some good results from 100 Mil+ contracts but the bad out weigh the good and if he doesn't pan out it will ruin the Marlins.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18809...00-million
BTW, this is the article that got my gears grinding. I'm hoping it's just talk from someone is Stanton's corner to get the Marlins scared of how much they are going to end up paying him in hopes to get him traded. In the end, I think he will get $265 Mil somewhere but it won't be the Marlins signing that check IMO.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/118717...n-contract
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

RE: 300 Mil for Stanton?!
Your right, no one is worth it. Unless you compare it to what he will mean to that club. He's 24 years old. All of the other contracts were given to players way too late in their careers. He is now the face of the Marlins with an upside much like Trout's. Many "experts" compare them to each other now that Stanton has turned himself into a hell of a right fielder and has drastically improved on the base paths. If your going to pay anyone $30 million a year, you should start with those two. If he were to leave Miami, that club wouldn't recover for years, if ever. From a fan's standpoint, who'd watch?

marlins wont pay him 300 million. heck, they wont pay him 30 million

(11-13-2014, 09:13 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: marlins wont pay him 300 million. heck, they wont pay him 30 million
I dont know man. There is so many rumors going around saying Miami is starting off the offers there. They have to be smart enough to know that any other team will give him 25 per.

(11-13-2014, 09:57 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont know man. There is so many rumors going around saying Miami is starting off the offers there. They have to be smart enough to know that any other team will give him 25 per.
they have zero intention of signing him long term. they will do what they always do: trade player for prospects

this is just a smokescreen. this is what they always do.

They've never had a player like Stanton. Please dont bring up people like Reyes, its not the same. They now have an incredible young pitcher in Jose Fernandez (not to mention a solid supporting cast) and an amazing, young outfield. Arguably the best in the majors. They have the necessary pieces to be contenders in that division. I didnt even mention Yelich, who I'm convinced has a batting title in his future. They had a few above average pieces before. Now they have an abundance of young talent. And remember, they have to pay for that stadium somehow.

(11-13-2014, 10:56 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: They've never had a player like Stanton. Please dont bring up people like Reyes, its not the same. They now have an incredible young pitcher in Jose Fernandez (not to mention a solid supporting cast) and an amazing, young outfield. Arguably the best in the majors. They have the necessary pieces to be contenders in that division. I didnt even mention Yelich, who I'm convinced has a batting title in his future. They had a few above average pieces before. Now they have an abundance of young talent. And remember, they have to pay for that stadium somehow.
Very few teams have ever had a player like Stanton but the smarter thing to do would be to trade him away and get some high end prospects and veterans who can still produce. I know trading a sure thing like Stanton for prosepcts seems crazy but if he goes down with an injury then your investment goes down with him.

The Marlins have shown time and time again that they do not keep high end players i.e. Miggy, and Hanley Ramirez. I agree with your thoughts on Yelich and some of their younger players but I just don't see it working out well even if they do sign Miggy. They won't have money to sign other players and after a couple more years of losing he will be disgruntled and he's already frustrated with management.

Want List

These clubs are making more money than they let on and now with the new t.v. money coming in, they can afford him. As far as it being a crazy investment, it's a heck of a lot crazier to trade away a top five player for a couple of guys who have never played a game in the majors. You know what Stanton can do. If he gets injured, he comes back. If the prospects dont pan out (which most dont), you have just wasted your money and let go of one of the best players in the game. To me its not even a dilemma. Lets face it, the Hanley thing worked out for them, he cant field and Miggy wasnt Miggy yet. Would I have kept Miggy, yeah.

The Marlins have to pay this man!

I complete disagree with trading him for prospects and some veteran players, that's stupid! They already did that more times than I can count. What the Marlins have right now they are a force to wreck with . What they need to do is sign Stanton long term then pick off a few other quality players to fill a couple holes out of the free agent market and give the Nationals a run for their money. The Marlins are a bat and maybe a pitcher shy of making a he run in the playoffs.

Don't be surprised if these guys contend for the NL East title next year.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(11-14-2014, 07:44 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: These clubs are making more money than they let on and now with the new t.v. money coming in, they can afford him. As far as it being a crazy investment, it's a heck of a lot crazier to trade away a top five player for a couple of guys who have never played a game in the majors. You know what Stanton can do. If he gets injured, he comes back. If the prospects dont pan out (which most dont), you have just wasted your money and let go of one of the best players in the game. To me its not even a dilemma. Lets face it, the Hanley thing worked out for them, he cant field and Miggy wasnt Miggy yet. Would I have kept Miggy, yeah.
Some good points but nobody watches the Marlins let alone, goes to their games even with Stanton so thats not a lot of money coming in for that. If I could trade Stanton and get Corey Seager, Joc Pederson, with Puig then Stanton would be gone. I don't think a 1 for 1 swap with Puig is enough. The Dodgers have the depth for this trade and I think they will get desperate enough to do it because they want to win now.

Want List