`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCS Dilemma Poll

LCS Dilemma Poll
Hey everyone. Just wanted to ask a question that's open to everyone. If you walk into your LCS today with $60, what hobby packs are you picking up? I collect baseball/football and make this difficult decision every few weeks

RE: LCS Dilemma Poll
depends really. do u wanna buy a high end pack thats guaranteed a hit? or u buy a couple of bowman packs seeing if u can hit more than one auto. also if ur into the the up and coming prospects and rookies.
i like the high end myself. hope this helps

I'm a sucker for bargain boxes, so that's what I would be looking for.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Definitely 2014 Bowman Platinum or Topps Chrome. Both of these products have been great for me this year! Hope it helps!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

done buying platinum and gypsy queen. Recently been getting Topps chrome "jumbo". 13 cards cough cough and topps prime.

never ever ever ever buy loose packs from a box. period. save your 60 for 2 weeks and buy a nice sealed box if you need to rip wax!

(11-14-2014, 10:53 AM)mikmouse24 Wrote: never ever ever ever buy loose packs from a box. period. save your 60 for 2 weeks and buy a nice sealed box if you need to rip wax!
This is true at retailers like Walmart and Target that allow pack searching. There are also some shops that either allow pack searching or do it themselves. But there are also plenty of shops that are honest and prohibit any kind of searching. I have seen some shops that open a box and mix the packs around, and others that will take the packs out for customers but not allow the customer to handle the packs until they buy them. There are plenty of honest shops, so before you say NEVER just make sure you trust the shop and you should be fine. I have had some HUGE hits from packs I have bought at card shops before.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I tend to buy last years products-usually cheaper and redemption's are still good. I never buy packs at the LCS anymore--their always bragging about their hits. Must be the luckiest people. Once in awhile I purchase 3 or more year old products that have auto's on card and are marked down considerably because no one has hit it big yet. Very few players (because they are so young now) are making it big in the first 3 years years. Some do, and the box prices prove it. Many do come along later after some AAA AND big league time.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

If had had an extra $60 sitting around every few weeks, I'd wait a few weeks more and buy some hobby box or another.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.