Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Players who just faded away...

RE: Players who just faded away...
(11-14-2014, 02:44 PM)uwash97 Wrote: [Image: imgres_zps618b4f4d.jpg]
Dang! A real good one! Surprisedly I didn't mention this one as I'm a KC fan. But since we are talking about them!

Dante Hall

[Image: RRK5ZLM.gif]
[Image: Ravens%252C_Nick_Wass%25281%2529.jpg]
Joseph Addai
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Edgerrin James played for the Seahawks?? I thought he disappeared after leaving....Indy?
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(11-14-2014, 11:15 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Edgerrin James played for the Seahawks?? I thought he disappeared after leaving....Indy?
Right? Yea thats what I thought as well! coltsfansince85 definitely put me "in the know"! Tongue
Wants:
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1

Fading away? I'm surprised no one mentioned Jerry Rice. Household name, but he held on for WAY too long.

Another that comes to mind for me since I'm a Cowboys fan is Alvin Harper. Great success with the offense of the Cowboys, but he left for Tampa Bay and more money after the 93 season IIRC, and was never heard from again shortly thereafter.

Here's another one:

98% of the Cleveland Browns draft choices since '99

I agree with uwash.. Larry Johnson was the man for a few years then *poof*

They used up Larry Johnson lol. That guy was a beast...you couldn't stop him! 300+ carries for how many years? Wasn't it like 3 or 4 in a row? I forgot about Dante Hall too...that guy was an awesome kick returner!

Laurence Maroney comes to mind. Desmond Bishop? Packer for a few years, haven't heard about him since he left.

(11-16-2014, 09:32 AM)packerfanabby Wrote: Laurence Maroney
Oh yea! Dang, i forgot about him! Yea he was a beast and then all of sudden! Gone! Speaking of Minnesota, his counterpart, Marion "The Barbarian" Barber!
All-Star to All-Gone! Confused
[Image: marion_barber.jpg]
Wants:

Great thread... I will throw a blanket out there and say 99.5% of modern RB's just drop off the map so it's easier to name those who didn't or haven't : Emmitt, Barry and I'm really struggling to think of another actually... hmmm.
Jake Plummer, definitely NOT on this list... with nearly 30K passing yards and 161 TD's it's only the "snake" legend that could get him categorized as a bust or a guy who "fell off."
Someone asked about Jerry Porter... injuries killed his career and you can add Sylvester Morris to that list as well. Morris was regarded as the poor man's Randy Moss until a catastrophic knee injury killed his career. LMK if anyone needs some high end Morris RCs... LOL, I have them all.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

How is Emmitt on this lis? Confused
He was chasing a record BUT he was like Jerry towards the end, he waited too long after he had the record.
Barry? Nah, he finished on top & definitely didn't fade away.
IMO of course. Tongue
Wants: