`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Players who just faded away...

RE: Players who just faded away...
(11-07-2014, 12:27 AM)mooncricket916 Wrote: Off the top of my head Jake Plummer comes to mind for some reason.
HA! I loved Jake! Collected him pretty heavily for quite some time. You probably already know this but he went on to win some state handball championship.
(11-07-2014, 11:23 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: name a denver running back. almost any denver running back.

mike anderson. orlandis gary. sammy winder
TRUTH right there!

Wasn't Anderson already older than most when he began his NFL career? I think he had served in the Marine Corps, then finished college, THEN the NFL. Yeah...I just checked and that dude was almost 28 years old when he was drafted by the Broncos.
(11-07-2014, 08:41 AM)kollectornet Wrote: Went to the barber shop one day and the guy in the next booth left after he got is cut. My barber said that it was Peter Warrick. I wish I had known, I still would have got a graph from him. He is always seen around SW Atlanta. So far, he hadn't gotten into trouble.
Great story!
(11-07-2014, 11:32 AM)savagenate Wrote: Javon Walker, WR, packers. Looked great while in Green Bay, went to Denver for more money...and never heard of him again.
It is interesting to me how a player's game...their whole dynamic of play...can rise or fall from one team to the next. The result of one dimensional skill sets and the inability to adapt, I suppose.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

In another year or so, Adrian Peterson

(11-08-2014, 09:17 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: In another year or so, Adrian Peterson
title said fade away, not explode :p

(11-08-2014, 10:32 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: title said fade away, not explode :p
lmao! Right!?? Tongue Big Grin
(11-08-2014, 09:17 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: In another year or so, Adrian Peterson
I'd stay well away from anything that deals with money & gambling with a statement like that. [Image: confused.gif]
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Adrian Peterson will never be "gone". He's to freakish an athlete. I'm sure he will play again, just maybe not in MN. I say he'll add at least another year of over 1k yards. Lets face it, some of the other guys have done worse, and are still headed to the HOF someday. MJD will probably disappear in the black hole for all time...and Ray Rice as well.

considering the average lifespan of a rb in the nfl is less than three years, probably isnt fair to them to put them on this list. the game just uses them up and spits them out

(11-08-2014, 12:10 PM)savagenate Wrote: Adrian Peterson will never be "gone". He's to freakish an athlete. I'm sure he will play again, just maybe not in MN. I say he'll add at least another year of over 1k yards. Lets face it, some of the other guys have done worse, and are still headed to the HOF someday. MJD will probably disappear in the black hole for all time...and Ray Rice as well.
When or if he ever plays another down

1. NFL is like a brotherhood, a very small group of highly skilled athletes pushing their bodies to the limit, putting futures on the line, for pure satisfaction of the sport. Espn is bs'n everyone when they said they take him back, hey, play hard for the child abuser.

2. Only the following idiotic teams on the verge of overhaul would consider him: New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders, Jacksonville Jaguars, and so on. These teams could use circus coverage for a year or 2

3. In a league with child abusers, wife beaters, gamblers, drunks, drug abusers, and so forth, ran a man Tim Tebow out of the league because he was not one of those things. Tebow has a winning record as a starter but his mechanics are so bad that nobody would give him a shot? he's really worse than Geno Smith?? Brandon Weedon????? Lol good one NFL

4. Your right, with all the statements above, he will play again. If he can make one of 32 billionaires another dollar, you'll see him Sundays.

Yes, Tebow is worse than geno. A lot worse

(11-08-2014, 02:20 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: When or if he ever plays another down

1. NFL is like a brotherhood, a very small group of highly skilled athletes pushing their bodies to the limit, putting futures on the line, for pure satisfaction of the sport. Espn is bs'n everyone when they said they take him back, hey, play hard for the child abuser.

2. Only the following idiotic teams on the verge of overhaul would consider him: New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders, Jacksonville Jaguars, and so on. These teams could use circus coverage for a year or 2

3. In a league with child abusers, wife beaters, gamblers, drunks, drug abusers, and so forth, ran a man Tim Tebow out of the league because he was not one of those things. Tebow has a winning record as a starter but his mechanics are so bad that nobody would give him a shot? he's really worse than Geno Smith?? Brandon Weedon????? Lol good one NFL

4. Your right, with all the statements above, he will play again. If he can make one of 32 billionaires another dollar, you'll see him Sundays.
I agree. It's more about the owners I think, but the players are in it too. I agree with your teams assessment as well...Buccs, possibly Seattle, and heck, throw in the broncos as a sleeper. I agree with Tebow as well. He brought too much "good" attention maybe lol. He may not be a traditional QB, but the guy could play. He was a competitor, a good guy to have around in the locker room, an all around professional. I'd take him over Geno, Vick, Manuel, Orton, Manziel, Bortles, Weeden, McCown, and others. The NFL says it's all about winning, but Tebow doesn't fit somehow. Not sure how they work that out.
Design a team for Tebow. He will never be an Aaron Rodgers/Manning/Brady in stats. But give him a good defense, 2 solid, big, fast wrs (see Demaryius Thomas), a solid offensive line, a good all around TE, and a good RB, and run an old school pound em system. With the right group, I bet he could have some serious success. Just my opinion. He's just one guy though lol. He'll be forgotten eventually as well.

(11-08-2014, 02:59 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Yes, Tebow is worse than geno. A lot worse
Geno is overrated...even sitting on the bench :p

(11-08-2014, 04:47 PM)savagenate Wrote: But give him a good defense, 2 solid, big, fast wrs (see Demaryius Thomas), a solid offensive line, a good all around TE, and a good RB, and run an old school pound em system. With the right group, I bet he could have some serious success.
Put a team like that around anyone and they will have serious success, in spite of how bad he really is
[Image: Boston.jpg]