`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB: Largest 1987 Topps TBC Lot I Can Find!

RE: WTB: Largest 1987 Topps TBC Lot I Can Find!
(11-22-2014, 12:25 PM)lcm1223 Wrote: Why would it take someone (me) asking for them for people to think "hey, I might have something here....I think I might sell these."

because the majority of collectors are usually unaware of most any variation that is not actually listed by beckett (or what outrageous prices some of these uncatalogued variations can sell for) and in all likelihood many who may have been willing to sell the tbtc's in bulk may not have even realized there were any worthwhile variations until someone asked about it in this thread....once they were made aware by reading it here , some may have decided rather than sell them to someone seeking the cheapest lot possible it may be worth their time to seek other avenues that would get them a bit more.....just a thought.....
I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner

(11-22-2014, 02:02 PM)cmcjr99 Wrote: because the majority of collectors are usually unaware of most any variation that is not actually listed by beckett (or what outrageous prices some of these uncatalogued variations can sell for) and in all likelihood many who may have been willing to sell the tbtc's in bulk may not have even realized there were any worthwhile variations until someone asked about it in this thread....once they were made aware by reading it here , some may have decided rather than sell them to someone seeking the cheapest lot possible it may be worth their time to seek other avenues that would get them a bit more.....just a thought.....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly what I didn't want to happen
Same thing happened on Blowout. I had like a bunch of people ask; "Why you want these?!" ....."What are ya looking to do with em"..........."This seems weird, why you want these so bad?!?!"

Is it a travesty to collect TBCs? I don't know why everyone's gotta be so suspicious. I figured people would be amped to find a way to finally move these out of their collections.

(11-22-2014, 02:10 PM)lcm1223 Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly what I didn't want to happen
Same thing happened on Blowout. I had like a bunch of people ask; "Why you want these?!" ....."What are ya looking to do with em"..........."This seems weird, why you want these so bad?!?!"

Is it a travesty to collect TBCs? I don't know why everyone's gotta be so suspicious. I figured people would be amped to find a way to finally move these out of their collections.
People aren't being "suspicious" if it's the truth. Do you really not see how dishonest what your doing is? You're trying to get people to sell you what they believe to be "worthless" cards for little to nothing, all the while KNOWING that they might actually be selling you something worth quite a bit of money. Take a look around the boards and you will find numerous people posting variations that they have found or reminding people to "check the backs" of their cards for #/#. Its a community, we're not looking to pull anything over on each other.

And as far as being "amped to find a way to finally move these", let's hypothetically say I have 100 of them and 30 are the Olivas, What are you willing to pay for them? If I were to assume they are worthless, we'd be talking $3-$5. Why would be I super excited about that? If you let people know what you are willing to pay up front they may be more willing to do some digging.

(11-22-2014, 03:16 PM)WillTheThrill22 Wrote: People aren't being "suspicious"
Then why feel the need to ask "Why" I'm looking for these in the first place

You're right, its suspicious. I don't know why everybody is acting that way. However, when 4-5 people have asked "what are you looking to pay for these cards/lots?" and your ONE response is the generic "it depends on the condition and quantity" (of course it does, this goes without saying) it doesn't really make people want to sort through their commons from 27 years ago. How about "Im willing to pay 3xBV plus shipping for all lots up to X-number of cards and 2xBV for plus shipping for all lots above X-number of cards." Might actually get some response.

I have no issue with your treasure hunt, but the way you are going about it is very unprofessional.