Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you help identify?
Question 
Can you help identify?
Can anyone tell me if this card is in the OPG? I have tried every search I can think of but can not find it. I am not interested in value would just like to get it added to my online PC. There is one copy on COMC but just the [???] for a description lol. If you find it please let me know where to look, thanks!

[Image: GC2EarnhardtGoodwrenchcard.jpg]
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

RE: Can you help identify?
Well, it looks a lot like:
1996 Classic Mark Martin's Challengers #MC3 Dale Earnhardt's Car
But you know it isn't that card, and they are not really that close excpet for the picture of Dale's car.

What I would say, and this is just a guess based on that little graphic in the lower right on the back of the card, is that it was a Promo card given away at the 1996 Speed Street Festival. That event has been going on for 20 years in Uptown Charlotte (this is per the web site, I did not know anything about it), and it is a NASCAR heavy event...I couldn't find any history earlier than 2013, so again I'm just guessing.

There are a few guys on here than have pretty darn decent knowledge of all things NASCAR, maybe they can help a bit more.

I did find a guy who has this card:
1996 Score Board Speed Street 600 Festival Gold Card - GC2 - Dale Earnhardt
Maybe you can contact him (website says it was updated in May 2014)
http://www.lesracing.com/1996.shtml

So I would again throw it out there that this card is:
1996 Score Board Speed Street 600 Festival Gold Card - GC0 - Dale Earnhardt

I'd be willing to bet the guy might be interested in it, too...LOL

Hope this helps...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Quite possible just a promo set that Beckett has not seen enough of to include then? Thanks for all the info I greatly appreciate it!

Kale

(11-03-2014, 09:14 AM)dunnere Wrote: Well, it looks a lot like:
1996 Classic Mark Martin's Challengers #MC3 Dale Earnhardt's Car
But you know it isn't that card, and they are not really that close excpet for the picture of Dale's car.

What I would say, and this is just a guess based on that little graphic in the lower right on the back of the card, is that it was a Promo card given away at the 1996 Speed Street Festival. That event has been going on for 20 years in Uptown Charlotte (this is per the web site, I did not know anything about it), and it is a NASCAR heavy event...I couldn't find any history earlier than 2013, so again I'm just guessing.

There are a few guys on here than have pretty darn decent knowledge of all things NASCAR, maybe they can help a bit more.

I did find a guy who has this card:
1996 Score Board Speed Street 600 Festival Gold Card - GC2 - Dale Earnhardt
Maybe you can contact him (website says it was updated in May 2014)
http://www.lesracing.com/1996.shtml

So I would again throw it out there that this card is:
1996 Score Board Speed Street 600 Festival Gold Card - GC0 - Dale Earnhardt

I'd be willing to bet the guy might be interested in it, too...LOL

Hope this helps...
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

I have a couple of copies of that card and the Mark Martin card from that set. It is normally called this: 1996 Score Board Speed Street 600.

They were given out at the festival before the Coca Cola 600 in '96. They are not in the Beckett DB, but I don't know why. I think there are five cards in the set but I have never seen the others.