`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authenticated baseball autographs

Authenticated baseball autographs
I've run across a few "authenticated" autographed baseballs that have a holographic sticker and serial number but no COA to go with them. For example, I'm looking at a Hank Aaron autographed ball with serial number K370535 and a Rose/Dimaggio ball with serial number 290054. I haven't been able to figure out who would have done the authentication (and hence if they were authenticated by someone reputable). Any suggestions on how I should proceed would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Authenticated baseball autographs
I can put a holographic sticker on anything. That does not change what it really is. You need to figure out what company or companies did the authenticating before going any further.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Most holographic stickers that are used for authentication will have the name of the authenticating company in the hologram. Most reputable ones have websites that you can look up the serial number to confirm an item's authenticity.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-31-2014, 04:42 PM)jonathani Wrote: I can put a holographic sticker on anything. That does not change what it really is. You need to figure out what company or companies did the authenticating before going any further.
Absolutely! I've seen balls that are simply "Game Used", from any game, and they had a MLB hologram sticker to certify that. The sticker might go with the ball, but have zero to do with any autos on it.

It could also be a sticker from anything stuck on to make it look official.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)