`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW... Look at this Ripken card

RE: WOW... Look at this Ripken card
Yup. But lots of Topps upper end releases have those. I really want to see whats going to set this one apart.

Ah, more product most of us cannot afford and will never see but in pictures. Go Topps!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If everything was affordable, there would be no drive behind the hobby.

When I win the power ball I'll buy everyone a box.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(11-02-2014, 11:02 AM)y2hood Wrote: When I win the power ball I'll buy everyone a box.
Can you just buy me a box anyway?

Sorry but my combined grocery, electric, and cable bill says no Tongue Smile
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Again I wish Topps would focus on ONE high end set each year (hell break it up into series one and two if you must) instead of yet ANOTHER line. Plus with the calibre of stuff put into this, what's left for the other lines other than value dilution?
Is this thing on?

All of the new products as a whole go way down in value as soon as the initial singles craze is over. Everyone who doesnt buy boxes or cases waits for the hits or their favorite players to be pulled and pays ridiculous amounts of money for them on the secondary markets. Of course 99.9% of those cards take a huge nose dive by the time the next Beckett comes out. Quite frankly, the card industries cant afford to put out one major release a year. There is way too much demand and the hobby would die. The high end online dealers where most people get their cards trade these things like stocks. If a player hits 3 homers one night there is a massive spike in the interest of his cards and they need the cards to move. This sounds pretty dumb, I know, but this is how it's done now. It's done on a minute to minute basis. They need multiple issues of high end auto's and relics in order to keep people stimulated.

(11-03-2014, 12:09 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: All of the new products as a whole go way down in value as soon as the initial singles craze is over. Everyone who doesnt buy boxes or cases waits for the hits or their favorite players to be pulled and pays ridiculous amounts of money for them on the secondary markets. Of course 99.9% of those cards take a huge nose dive by the time the next Beckett comes out. Quite frankly, the card industries cant afford to put out one major release a year. There is way too much demand and the hobby would die. The high end online dealers where most people get their cards trade these things like stocks. If a player hits 3 homers one night there is a massive spike in the interest of his cards and they need the cards to move. This sounds pretty dumb, I know, but this is how it's done now. It's done on a minute to minute basis. They need multiple issues of high end auto's and relics in order to keep people stimulated.
I dont mean one set period, as i said one high end set and if need be, break it into two series one early in the year and one late in the year to stretch demand.

Much like they do with the base set. And they should really do the same with the throw back sets.

Is this thing on?

(11-03-2014, 01:05 PM)shivelycore Wrote: I dont mean one set period, as i said one high end set and if need be, break it into two series one early in the year and one late in the year to stretch demand.

Much like they do with the base set. And they should really do the same with the throw back sets.
Its not that I disagree with you, there's just too much demand for these products. Topps sells out of every high end release within hours of opening up sales. They'll keep selling and we'll keep buying. The hobby is flourishing again because of the anticipation of the next big thing. If there was only on or two major releases a year, trade would become stagnant and that $250 Hank Aaron auto would then become $2000, due to scarcity. We can complain about it, but this is how we can afford the occasional high end auto. Do you remember when Griffey Jr. And Mantle signed that Upper Deck card? No one could afford to buy that back then because they were so scarce. You were more than lucky just to see one.