`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Recently Traded" collection in org - how to deal with it?

"Recently Traded" collection in org - how to deal with it?
Hi All,

I've neglected to care for my "recently traded" collection after many trades, and now have 1467 cards in there. I have a couple questions about this collection:

1) does each card in the recently traded collection add to your overall collection value?

2) Is there an easier way to remove the tags from every card in that collection, or do I have to remove them one by one?

3) Is this collection a very necessary tool for collectors? Seems like it's more hassle and I wonder if very many collectors would miss it if it disappeared.

I should add that all of the cards in my "Recently Traded" collection are already part of other collections in my org, so I wouldn't need to move anything from Recently Traded.

Thanks for your help/feedback.

Dana

RE: "Recently Traded" collection in org - how to deal with it?
This is how I do it. Maybe it will help a little. After I receive cards from a trade, I will just move them from recently traded , either in batch form, if they are going to the same collection, or Individually, to Specific collections. I will select all of the cards that I have sent out and move them to a collection called "Traded." It's hard to say how you should specifically do it because you have your own way of organizing your cards. When you make a trade, do you enter the card that you are going to receive ? If so, don't. It will already be entered once the trade is accepted. Just go to the recently traded collection, select the card you are going to receive and move it to the proper collection. In the case of cards you are sending out, C2C automatically deducts 1 from the amount of that specific card that has been traded. If you only had one of the card you Can either do what I do or you Can select all of the cards with ZERO in the amount owned and batch send them to the trash. If you want, you can message me and I can walk you through how I have mine set up. Hope this helps. Good Luck and Happy Collecting !!

-Joe

Here's my situation:

Most of the cards I trade for are already in a specific collection (primarily "Rookies"). So, I trade FOR a card, it would most likely already be in the "Rookies" collections.

Once I make the trade, the card appears in "Recently Traded". If I try to move it to the "Rookies", would it create a duplicate entry with the new tag of "Recently Traded"? Or is it better to just move the "Recently Traded" card to my "Added-Delete" collection (to remove it from "Recently Traded") and just change the quantity in the "Have" field of my "Rookies" collection?

Here's what I do when I agree to a trade...

1. I have a folder called "My Trade With..." I create a new collection called "Shierydana" in that folder.
2. I move the cards that the system put in Recently Traded into Shierydana.
3. I go into Shierydana and turn on tags. The cards I'm getting will have only one tag, the ones I'm sending you have two (or more)
4. I open a second browser tab and go to the organizer on that tab (this makes it easier to do the next steps)
5. On tab 1, I add the cards I'm getting into the collection(s) I keep them in normally.
6. On tab 2, I go to the collection that I added a card to and locate that card - there will be two copies if I previously had it marked as Wanted or Trade For. I move the copy that's marked as Wanted to the Trash.
7. Repeat this for all cards I'm receiving. A huge pain for big trades (I've done trades where I've received over 1000 cards...).
8. Empty the trash collection, and go into Shierydana and change Keep from 0 to 1 for the cards I'm receiving.
9. When I get the cards, I check what I've received against the trade page, and if all's OK, I come back to organizer and delete Shierydana. If there's some issue, like I got an OPC card instead of a Topps card, I can fix that by going into Shierydana, then I delete Shierydana.
10. Hopefully I've done this all correctly and no longer have cards marked as Wanted that I've already received.

For each and every trade.
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby