`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Thomas error card not listed anywhere

Frank Thomas error card not listed anywhere
Hi fellas. I own a 1992 topps gold winners frank Thomas card that is perhaps an error card. The name on the front of card did not print and just the gold border is showing in gold. For years I have brought the card to various shops and shows and everyone has wanted to buy it but I have no idea what its worth. I cannot find any information on it online. The shows and shop owners have never seen it either. Can anyone point me in the right direction???

RE: Frank Thomas error card not listed anywhere
it's a simply no foil card. flawed, not a recognized error. truthfully, they usually have less value than a non-flawed card. you might find a super collector of frank thomas that would give you a dollar or two.

if some store owner wants to give you more than a couple dollars, take it

I would say a printing flaw. some bring in a higher demand and some are worthless. Being Frank Thomas and if you can get 5x what you paid for it I would sell it. But then again I rarely sell anything so I would put it in my PC
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Ok guys. Thanks for the info on it. I always liked Frank Thomas so I will probably just keep it and pass it down. I started to go through my closet and found my binders with the 8x11 sleeves I had kept the cards in when I was younger. To my surprise some of these cards are worth some money.... I have a topps finest ken Griffey jr I got in a pack and almost choked when I saw on ebay what they were selling for along with other cards I had collected. Should I take them out of the sleeves and store them in something else? Should I take them out of the closet?

In time light will fade the card. I would put the more valuable ones in top sleeves and display them around the entertainment center for a week or 2 and rotate them out. Leaving the cards in a dark place is allways a good idea especially if an auto is involved for over time light will fade the auto faster than the card itself.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Leaving them out in the open is ok unless you have a 5 year old niece who gets mad at you while you happen to have a '52 topps Gil Hodges and Willie Mays out of their holders for inspection and steps on them while your not looking.

(10-17-2014, 06:48 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Leaving them out in the open is ok unless you have a 5 year old niece who gets mad at you while you happen to have a '52 topps Gil Hodges and Willie Mays out of their holders for inspection and steps on them while your not looking.
or have a stupid brother in-law with a caffeine addiction, clumsy hands, and a cup of coffee