`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anticipating a good mail week

RE: Anticipating a good mail week
(10-14-2014, 10:35 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Happy Early B-Day!
Hopefully Select is very generously loaded with Braves for you!

On behalf of John and myself ... Thank you very much! A little luck will be nice!
Hope your break goes great! So how long have you been waiting on your panini redemption stuff? I have three open requests. One is a 1/1 Freddie Freeman auto I have been waiting for with tons of anticipation.

Good luck
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(10-14-2014, 11:05 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Did you see my most recent mailday pickup? Well, I should say the one I most recently photographed ... we'll consider this a hostile maneuver in our most recent trade discussions. lol
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-156...age-3.html
Very nice pickup! That might make for an interesting pawn in our hostage exchange Smile

(10-14-2014, 01:56 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Hope your break goes great! So how long have you been waiting on your panini redemption stuff? I have three open requests. One is a 1/1 Freddie Freeman auto I have been waiting for with tons of anticipation.
Thanks!
2013 EEE came out in Jan-Feb. 2013, right? So I've had about 14 redemptions and about 8 were filled very quickly. The last 6 ... It's been 7-8 months since they were put into the system. This is the first time that I have more Panini redemptions than Topps redemptions. About 2 weeks ago, I got my Joe Jackson auto /50 (Shoeless Joe's great grand nephew)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I also have a half case of Update shipping tomorrow. Just had lots of Griffeys and Canos arrive today. Few Sonny Grays too.

Also expecting a Whitey Ford autographed ball this week.

My Baez redemption was reported in tracking in Orlando yesterday but got delivered today, so you might get it early.

Good luck
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(10-15-2014, 09:42 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: My Baez redemption was reported in tracking in Orlando yesterday but got delivered today, so you might get it early.
Good luck
Got it today! Thanks! Pix posted in Triple Redemption thread (not Triple Thread redemption Smile )
(10-14-2014, 06:15 PM)wordsense Wrote: I also have a half case of Update shipping tomorrow. Just had lots of Griffeys and Canos arrive today. Few Sonny Grays too.
Also expecting a Whitey Ford autographed ball this week.
Whitey Ford ball? Spectacular!!! Please post a pic when you get it .... I was lucky about 2 years ago. I bought a box (way expensive when it first came out... 9 cards for $150?) on clearance of 2012 SP Signature Edition. Lucked out by pulling a Whitey Ford /Phil Rizzuto dual auto flag patch card! I was stoked, to say the least Smile that was my only WF sig and my second PR.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-16-2014, 12:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Whitey Ford ball? Spectacular!!! Please post a pic when you get it .... I was lucky about 2 years ago. I bought a box (way expensive when it first came out... 9 cards for $150?) on clearance of 2012 SP Signature Edition. Lucked out by pulling a Whitey Ford /Phil Rizzuto dual auto flag patch card! I was stoked, to say the least Smile that was my only WF sig and my second PR.
That's awesome! Whitey Ford is probably my favorite Yankee pitcher of all time. Well, probably my pitcher of any team ever. I remember back in 7th grade, we were required to read a book during down time in English class. The book I chose was an autobiography by Mickey Mantle; "My Favorite Summer 1956". Whitey Ford was one of his running buddies in those days; some hilarious stories. I read that book so much that the paperback cover was obliterated by year's end. Been a huge fan of Whitey's ever since.

And I'll definitely be showing you guys the ball!

(10-16-2014, 01:29 AM)wordsense Wrote: That's awesome! Whitey Ford is probably my favorite Yankee pitcher of all time. Well, probably my pitcher of any team ever. I remember back in 7th grade, we were required to read a book during down time in English class. The book I chose was an autobiography by Mickey Mantle; "My Favorite Summer 1956". Whitey Ford was one of his running buddies in those days; some hilarious stories. I read that book so much that the paperback cover was obliterated by year's end. Been a huge fan of Whitey's ever since.

And I'll definitely be showing you guys the ball!
Great book! "My Favorite Summer 1956" also came with a VHS tape and had all these great clips. I played it till the cassette broke!
If you ever see it, Whitey Ford's auto-bio "Slick" was a real good read, too!

Here's a pic of that SP Signature card I mentioned ....
[Image: 6A8DED3F-561B-4E5E-B623-D4FDFE313C38-130...860569.jpg]

That's a nice card! I need to locate that "Slick", as well as pick up another copy of "My Favorite Summer 1956".

Gonna post that Whitey ball in a minute.

(10-14-2014, 09:40 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: You just can't stay away from the EEE, can you? Haha. Can't say I blame ya ... twas mighty kind to many of us.
Finally got the EEE .... Did good!